Author Topic: Golems  (Read 3883 times)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Golems
« on: October 09, 2007, 09:31:06 AM »
Hi to all folks
A question for creators staff:
Can You give us some hints about stats and levels for stone golems, wood golems...?
Tank Iou for answers!
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
Re: Golems
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 09:34:38 AM »
Nick is in the middle of converting his "Construct Companion" to the HARP rules ... since he also wrote College of Magic ... you can assue that this will be a good indicator of capabilities...

ping him via pm here ('tho he should notice this thread)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 12:05:39 PM »
OGMION BLESS NICK! ;)
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 02:56:53 PM »
Which golems, in particular, are you interested in? While I translated the specific beast golems and the like from Creatures & Monsters and Construct Companion, I didn't (or have not for the first draft of Construct Toolkit) translate all the generic golems over.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 03:20:30 AM »
I'm interested by the method for giving life to non-organic matter (like in the Jewish tradition) and how animate it to create Golems in general (what the spells, what profession?.
I know that You want write books about but in my sense HARP lack of:
- more monsters: I've always loved bestiary in RPG (specialy demons...I know that Something Wicked will be there in 08...too long aaarrrggghhh)
- rules for Golems like in RM (I 've got Construct Companion for RM but...too complicated for my old brain ;))
- more magic: specialy more High Magic spells.

I wish You well, from Seb.
Troll humour:
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Rose

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 06:35:31 PM »
Construct Toolkit? <snifs around> Woof?
The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 08:44:43 AM »
I would love to get the toolkit (soon?), I've had the Construct Companion for quite a while and it is one of the best supplements I've ever read.
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »
The Construct Toolkit is queued behind Something Wicked. Expect both in 2009.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 12:38:21 PM »
The Construct Toolkit is queued behind Something Wicked. Expect both in 2009.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

...when in 2009 ???
Troll humour:
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 01:50:03 PM »
Last I knew Mr. HM Caldwell was still working on Something Wicked with no eta on that one. I would guess that if they're released in 2009, it'll be quite late.
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 02:32:29 PM »
Last I knew Mr. HM Caldwell was still working on Something Wicked with no eta on that one. I would guess that if they're released in 2009, it'll be quite late.

Yup, still working on Something Wicked and the demons, but I am still plugging away at it as time permits.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 03:43:57 PM »
I read on the Guild forum that the script about demons was difficult for the religion beliefs, but You can see demons with a pre-judeo-christian point of view: demons are strange awful entities but not all are evil....like Pazuzu! 
I know that it is not the right thread but, for example infos about Pazuzu :
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazuzu

That is a good view about demons, not only a judeo-christian thing!
Troll humour:
From Titan the Fighting&

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 11:35:52 AM »
 Similarly off-thread, I'm actually currently writing up descriptions of the subplanes of the Abyss. I've done nine of the thirteen example subplanes. The Demons per se come after descriptions of the Abyss.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline jolt

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 10:20:28 AM »
I'm actually currently writing up descriptions of the subplanes of the Abyss. I've done nine of the thirteen example subplanes. The Demons per se come after descriptions of the Abyss.

Now you're just teasing us!  ;D

jolt
"Logic will take you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Einstein

Offline lorenen

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • from the pits of T'is K'ali to the starclad sky..
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 02:29:19 AM »
 ;D keep teasing!!  :o demons?!  :o abyss?!  so this rpg stuff they all talk about is real a satanical stuff?!  ;D

cant wait to use my Construct Companion also with HARP  ;)

Italian fanzine for the d100 rpg