Author Topic: Healing  (Read 8210 times)

Offline The Dude

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • The Floydian Slip
Re: Healing
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 12:55:17 PM »
The casting time remains the same, it only takes time to heal.

Once the spell is cast and the healing process has started, the caster can continue doing other stuff, only the patient has to wait and stay calm.

It wasn't the casting time I was concerned about... it was the duration of the actual spell's curative effects, like say, five minutes per rank or something to that effect. I figured on putting some sort of limitation on there, since it would be kind of, well, pointless to lay about all day waiting for the spell to complete, wouldn't it?
I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
   -- The Doctor, 11th Incarnation

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 04:12:13 PM »
I'm not 100% sure if I understand what you mean.  ???

The spell cures the same as before. So, during the spell casting the healer decides what to heal. He then calculates how long it will take that everything is cured (this will be a few minutes for major or hours for minor healing). If the patient interrupts the healing process for any reason it stops and there is no further curing until a new Healing spell is cast. Everything healed so far remain healed (except of bleeding, which reopen).

I hope this answers your question.

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 09:32:49 AM »
I?ve been looking for something like this, I?ve been trying to conjure something similar, but now I don?t have to ;D
Thank mate, this is an awesome optional house-rule, well done!
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline The Dude

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • The Floydian Slip
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 01:48:23 PM »
I'm not 100% sure if I understand what you mean.  ???

The spell cures the same as before. So, during the spell casting the healer decides what to heal. He then calculates how long it will take that everything is cured (this will be a few minutes for major or hours for minor healing). If the patient interrupts the healing process for any reason it stops and there is no further curing until a new Healing spell is cast. Everything healed so far remain healed (except of bleeding, which reopen).

I hope this answers your question.

Okay, this is clearer now. Thanks much.
I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
   -- The Doctor, 11th Incarnation

Chairman

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 02:06:25 AM »
What about healing potions... ???

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 06:10:00 AM »
What about healing potions... ???

For spell potions it should be the same as the spells used to create them, but for formula potions I would allow immediate healing, same for some herbs.