Author Topic: There will be a GameOn Version 1.5  (Read 3971 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
There will be a GameOn Version 1.5
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:54:13 AM »
I have come to the following decision after a few months of sitting on this application.

Various emails have come across my desk that tell me people are upset for basically trashing this application. This application IS a powerful Rolemaster application and IS very useful for Rolemaster players around here. The fact that it is sitting unfinished on my computer still irks me. I hate having unfinished products. I will complete this application. There will be a version 1.5. The following features will be:

1) New Character wizard with customized Martial arts
2) New Level wizard
3) Custom World designer to create new worlds to use in the application
4) Profession and Race Designer to design new Races and professions
5) NPC Generator: Generates full NPCs randomly.
6) Weather Generator: Generates weather for a day. Slightly random but does contain some AI to make sure weather changes are more realistic.
7) Melee: Fully automatic using CEATS only, this should minimize time spent on melee by taking control over actions and telling the GM what actions need to be performed and by who.
8) Creature Encounter: A fully randomized Creature Encounter generator based on power or location.
9) Movement maneuver: Automatic movement maneuver program
10) Spell and Skill law: Automatic spell and skill program
plus a TON more.

I have no deadline since it's free time only and the code is a mess. But I intend to finish this application.

Also, to better help me and create a more stable version 1.5, for those who want to download the program and test and submit bugs please do. I don't have the time to fully test the application. I basically test as I use it. Too many things to fully test and code here.

If everything goes well, perhaps in 3 months I will have version 1.5 done. Again this is Windows only as it is programmed in .NET. Sorry Linux and Mac users.

Thanks!  ;D

Offline shnar

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: There will be a GameOn Version 1.5
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 04:49:39 PM »
If you need some additional programming help, and are open to letting others help, I'd be willing to chip in. A professional programmer by trade of 10+ years (consultant now, see http://www.wasatchdev.com) and highly steeped in Windows programming, I'd be able to chip in a few hours a week to help you out. Email me and we can work out some details.

-shnar

Offline adventus

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 05:50:12 PM »
Update?

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »
Lol... I lied. This project literally got ignored and right now I find myself unable to continue it. I still have plans to create an open-source RM and Harp program (right now codenamed Elf) but even that project has been largely ignored by me due to other projects and the fact that I am in school. To those who are interested in the source code I can send it to you or just make it available online however I must request the code remain as a open-source. Right it's all MFC/.NET so it's very much a Windows only program.

My current ideas for another Open source RM/Harp is centered around WxWidgets and XML.

I apologize for basically dropping the ball on this project but frankly when discovered WxWidgets I simply fell in love and wanted to at least generate something with it.

Edit: Email me if you want the source code.

Offline Aratirn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 01:02:49 AM »
I'd be interested in looking into the code. Not making any promises, but sounds like a very nice project. Should I join your google groups page? (as per your sig)

Offline Eigenvals

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 09:57:36 AM »
By the way, you may use Mono to run .NET programs on Linux and Mac. It even seems that WxWidgets is compatible with Mono. www.mono-project.com. It's mature (with Novell support) and will fully support .NET 2.0 soon (it even already supports some 3.5 parts)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »
I will most certainly check that out. If that is the case, then GameOn with some tweeks will work on all platforms running with Mono as it is written in .NET 2.0.