Author Topic: Link to possible RM2 online character sheet  (Read 12389 times)

Offline smug

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Link to possible RM2 online character sheet
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 11:31:06 AM »
I haven't seen that and am not familiar with the exact w3c specified behaviour in any case, but you think that's worse than the IE box model problem (IE 6, mostly) and other issues like the float/inherit one? I mean, how common is one in use compared to the other?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:17:53 PM by smug »

Offline smug

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 11:57:13 AM »
Add to that the fact that IE only works on Windows machines (the Mac version is now so old and bad that I can't imagine anyone uses it) and IE has serious issues. I'm producing webapps to help ensure cross-platform compatibility because I have a heterogeneous user base. Indeed, that's a large part of the beauty of web applications, so if I'm going to have to target one browser first and foremost, it basically has to be Firefox. I make IE work because a lot of people do use it (although not that many of my user base) and I make Safari work because mac laptops are starting to dominate in the fields of physics and astronomy and those users do appear to like Safari. None of those three browsers has perfect CSS compliance but, for example, IE's problems with floating objects inheriting properties are a much more common problem for me than the ones you mention.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 12:04:27 PM »
Meanwhile....

Back at the web-site....

Looks good.  ;)

Checked out the online character sheets, they looked good, true, the right hand side looked a bit squashed (some text appeared to have overtyped or merged cells, but then again I AM using IE...so that probably explains it. :D

Offline smug

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »
I should add that I'm OK with writing for IE 7 and the fewer IE 6 users there are, the better. My main irritation with IE 7 is that it doesn't run on all platforms and that, thus, given that browsers are all different in how they interpret pages that it's not the ideal browser to target first. Normally I can work around the differences, but if I have to pick to look best, it'll be Firefox, memory leaks and all.

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Darkeen's Battlefield - still going strong.
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 07:30:09 PM »
Hm, I'd love to comment on the site, but it won't let me browse it.

Don't use IE. Sorry - I don't allow IE users to browse the site.

I was going to comment about browser wars and forcing people to use one type of browser but then I read further and realised you were forcing Non-IE browsers.
So GO FOR IT! WOOHOO! :wave:
(And yes I realise the hypocrisy in the above statement! - what can I say, I hate it when people force IE only browsers and content...)
--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer
Author of "The Ruins of Kausur"
http://roleplayingapps.wordpress.com

Offline imzakhor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 10:52:01 AM »
Looks good.  ;)

Checked out the online character sheets, they looked good, true, the right hand side looked a bit squashed (some text appeared to have overtyped or merged cells, but then again I AM using IE...so that probably explains it. :D

Those character sheets were developed with printing in mind, for use in our (newly restarted!) campaign. They should print just fine, though they won't look right on the website.