Author Topic: Stun Removal at -50?  (Read 1563 times)

Offline eskla

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Stun Removal at -50?
« on: October 27, 2018, 10:43:05 PM »
Is the penalty for being stunned (-50 or -75, mitigated by 3xSD) intended to be applied to Stun Removal maneuvers?  I'm playing using the FRP ruleset.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Stun Removal at -50?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 12:03:06 AM »
Given that the Stun Removal skill explicitly lists modifiers for the number of stun rounds already, I would assume you are not supposed to also apply the maneuver penalty for being stunned. Also, the -50/-75 penalty for being stunned only applies to "movement and maneuvering", which I take as meaning actually moving around, not all "maneuvers" in the RM sense of skill checks. Most actions don't have a penalty because they are simply impossible while stunned; stun removal skill is of course an exception to that.

System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 09:46:55 AM »
Confirmed that this was how we played it.
Stun Removal had no malus/mods against it due to stun effects.

Offline Micael

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 06:33:55 PM »
I would assume, that you need stunned maneuvring to decrease the -50 bonus to 0- otherwise it's to easy in my opinion to ignore stunning. In FRPG it's easy to get +50 in low levels especially with talent boni. Then a medium level char is effectively immune to stunning with this skill alone...the malus from stun removal is for more the one round of stun and is much less then -50. If you ignore the -50 you in fact make stun manoeuvring skill obsolete.