Author Topic: Question on creating potions from CoM  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Question on creating potions from CoM
« on: February 13, 2016, 03:38:02 PM »
One of my players is going to do a split profession as a Thaumaturge. He had a question regarding creating a potion without knowing the spell. At first I was like no you are unable to but then I read the folloing on pg 51 of CoM: "Using the Alchemy skill, an Alchemist may create a spell potion for the base form of any spell that he knows. An Alchemist may also know the methods for creating one spell potion (whose spell he does not know) or one formula potion for every five ranks in the Alchemy skill. Additional spell or formula potions may be learned using the Researching Magic rules in Chapter 5."

Does that mean the thaumaturge can create any number of potions for any spells (base only) he knows but he can also create one spell and/or formula potion for every 5 ranks in a skill for spells that he does not know but has knowledge of?
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Question on creating potions from CoM
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 03:59:09 PM »
Yes.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Re: Question on creating potions from CoM
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 05:54:53 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Nicholas!
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!