Author Topic: Spartans in HALO Stat bonuses and penalties  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Spartans in HALO Stat bonuses and penalties
« on: September 04, 2014, 10:56:04 PM »
I am working on my version of Halo type Spartans for a game I am going to run.

Spartans were designed to be inherently Loyal and Obedient ( Yes the Master Chief was an Atypical example, but then He was also beyond the original Program, almost a Sole survivor so some what outside most Command structures.)

But would you represent this in a Stat penalty to Presence?

I think they had a decent SD bonus for self control over ones self but,
Presence is represent as control of ones own mind, courage, bearing and self esteem. 
seems that also should be high.... yet there is that overriding, designed in loyalty to the Human race and the command structure.

Perhaps it should just be a "Racial" Flaw? ( racial  term being used loosely here as though they are human they are genetically enhanced.

D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Spartans in HALO Stat bonuses and penalties
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 12:39:07 AM »
I would give them a flaw and not a SD penalty or I would give them a flaw that gives them a penalty in specific situations but not over all.

Note: I am no expert or even that familiar with HALO besides the name and very general info, so my suggestion above may not be of much value to you.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 10:29:14 PM »
I would go with a +20 versus all attempts to influence, +50 if you want it to be very strong.

In addition I would give a +20 to all mnv's involved in direct completion of a mission.  This could include attacks.

So yeah, a racial ability or talent.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:04:44 PM »
I would go with a +20 versus all attempts to influence, +50 if you want it to be very strong.

In addition I would give a +20 to all mnv's involved in direct completion of a mission.  This could include attacks.

So yeah, a racial ability or talent.

so your saying give them an ability to resist being influenced to disobey orders or go against the good of Humanity?
What about if it isn't an "influence" but their own desire to act against orders?
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 04:30:22 PM »
The +20 would be a penalty against attempts to influence through skill or spell/psion.  Essentially making them Very Hard to manipulate.

If going against orders, I would say their mental block prevents the +20 to skill resolution, including attacks. 
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.