Author Topic: Undead in HARP  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Undead in HARP
« on: March 30, 2014, 11:22:38 AM »
I was adding the undead (skeletons and zombies) stats and ability descriptions into my Maptools campaign and I noticed something I always assumed was part of their abilities was missing. Are not skeletons and zombies immune to bleeders? It only makes sense in my eyes because neither have any blood to bleed with. Depending on one's point of view one might be able to justify a zombie bleeding but definitely not skeletons. The same goes somewhat for zombies and stuns, though my opinion changes on this.

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Undead in HARP
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:09:23 PM »
Indeed, they are missing that Talent.

Also, Zombies have Demon Fear (Class 1) and Demon Vision instead of Undead Fear (Class 1) and Undead Vision. It looks like Zombies have a conflict of personality, they don't if they are Undead or Demon. The poor things. :P

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 08:52:43 PM »
I think I remember reading somewhere that even bloodless entities could be susceptible to bleeders. The rational I believe was that it could also represent any other form of continuous damage such as bones cracking and those cracks spreading.

So this may not be an omission.
-Pyrotech

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 03:17:46 AM »
I think I remember reading somewhere that even bloodless entities could be susceptible to bleeders. The rational I believe was that it could also represent any other form of continuous damage such as bones cracking and those cracks spreading.

So this may not be an omission.

Yes, Rasyr said that a lot of times in the old days...

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 06:17:30 AM »
Rasyr had nothing to do with the current rendition of monsters. These were created with a new standard that maintains balance. 

I'll be able to review the final submitted files later this morning - but at least 1 version of submittals did include Immunity to Bleed for both Zombies and Skeletons, and I have no memory of pulling it in a later version.  I have always played it as Immune to Bleed. (Note - Zombies also get Immune to Stun)

Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 09:53:05 AM »
OK.... 3 versions of the Skeleton and Zombie sheets had the immunity, but the final submittal it did not get captured on the summary page (the talent was added as an additional line below the pivot table data range).  It was included in the cost.

Therefore you can add it without impacting the balance of the creature.
My apologies for the error - we'll make a note to add it for the errata.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 10:20:02 AM »
OK.... 3 versions of the Skeleton and Zombie sheets had the immunity, but the final submittal it did not get captured on the summary page (the talent was added as an additional line below the pivot table data range).  It was included in the cost.

Therefore you can add it without impacting the balance of the creature.
My apologies for the error - we'll make a note to add it for the errata.

What about the Zombie's Demon Vision and Demonic Fear (Class 1)? Shouldn't those be Undead Vision and Undead Fear (Class 1)?

I don't see an impact for those, Demonic Fear and Undead Fear are fairly similar, but Demon Vision is certainly makes the Zombies more capable in total darkness.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 10:29:20 AM »

They should have read Undead (not Demon).  I used an original list of talents to choose from, unaware that Nicholas was putting in some differences for higher level creatures. At level 1 the Fear talents are identical.

For the Vision, Demon Vision is twice as powerful so you are better off going with Undead.  Costing was based on Undead Vision.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 11:35:31 AM »
Thanks, I have just confirmed something I appear to have done months ago. When I added Immunity to Bleed to the Zombies in my doc, I noticed that I had already changed the talents to the Undead versions. ;)

Can't wait for the Bestiary to come out.  ;D

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 11:23:51 PM »
When will the PDF files be updated and posted on RPGnow so we can get those updated files?

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!