Author Topic: RM2 Excel Character Sheet - No Macros or anything fancy  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Marrethiel

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RM2 Excel Character Sheet - No Macros or anything fancy
« on: February 16, 2014, 12:29:14 AM »
Hi All,

I made this for our group and kept on going.
Handles development of multi class characters.
No macros or scripts, so is safe to download.
This is a work in progress but should be relatively bug free. If you find any please give me a holla :)

Cheers
Michael

Gatekeeper to the Under-Dark: "Why are you seeking passage?"
Kal-El pauses in thought (briefly contemplating how to manage the Never Lie and Always Deceive curses on him), "I came to conquer all know-able universes".
Gatekeeper: You may pass.
Gatekeeper: Who are you?
Kal El: A tourist

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RM2 Excel Character Sheet - No Macros or anything fancy
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:45:26 AM »
Marrethiel,
 I tried to open this in Open Office as well as Excel Viewer and it froze both times so I am going to have to wait for another mod to approve it.

But I can tell you that if it has any RM2 class data that it will not be approved as it will be in violation of the ICE Copy Right Rules. If you would like to try and get it distributed you should contact John @ ICE (no spaces) to get permission for electronic distribution.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:55:43 AM »
File works - looks extremely complete....  just takes a really long time to open.  :D
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline shorn

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:33:08 AM »
Marrethiel,

Looks very complete and i like that it does not use macros or scripts. Only thing i might say is it would be nice if you had some formatting to make it look nicer and created a print area so you could easily print out a character sheet with all the info. Minor things really :)

A few other things:
1: Inventory system: I have a RMU sheet in the beta section. In it i have created an inventory system/summary page. That allows players to put stuff into containers and drop said containers. Take a look..if you like it tell me and ill help you implement it on your sheet if you want.

2: I found that microsoft has a service called sky drive. The cool thing is you can upload the sheet to there and the players can access the sheet via a web app. The really cool thing is that unlike google docs all your excel stuff (sans objects and vb) will work!

Offline Marrethiel

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 06:27:02 AM »
Thanks for the feedback!

I should have noted that this uses the Excel from Office 365, which I assume is the latest version.
Yes, it does take a long time to open... and save. I'm not sure how to optimize its resource use, I will googlefu that later when it is more "finished".
If something needs to be removed to Copy Right then I am happy to do that and call it the "Lite" version.

Upgrades:
I want to put in Primary Class stats, so that they bold in the Temp Column.
Continue to fill in the front character page to "make it look nicer".
Background options would be nice, but seems a little daunting to do properly
Secondary skills were in the original (one class) version but it didn't work properly. This version should be better once I implement that. I love my Running Mages (ie develope Distance Running because two ranks gives one rank of Body Development and costs less).
I hadn't really thought of equipment but it is a good idea.
Gatekeeper to the Under-Dark: "Why are you seeking passage?"
Kal-El pauses in thought (briefly contemplating how to manage the Never Lie and Always Deceive curses on him), "I came to conquer all know-able universes".
Gatekeeper: You may pass.
Gatekeeper: Who are you?
Kal El: A tourist