Author Topic: Where are they, am I blind?  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Where are they, am I blind?
« on: November 26, 2013, 05:03:12 PM »
I am looking for the sample faiths that I thought were in the HARP books. Am I blind or loosing it?
Help!
Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Where are they, am I blind?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 06:40:03 PM »
Maybe your looking for the section Customizing the Cleric in the Harp fantasy core book on page 189.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 08:55:28 PM »
I saw that. I think it was The Channeling Companion from Rolemaster that I remember....

I'm making a pregen cleric for a new player and I wanted a complete cleric for him as an example if he wanted to create his own cleric.

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 01:08:05 PM »
While there were Pure Arms, Semi-Spell, Hybrid-Spell and Pure Spell user "Priest" templates (customized Clerics) in the Channeling Companion spell selection really played the bigger role in designing them out of it... but that's Rolemaster where your spell list choices are much more individualized than in HARP.  You are right there is a section in it giving examples, but they hinge mainly on the base spell list selections, so I'm not sure how much help they'd be in a HARP game.

There were one or two examples of Priests in the RM Quarterly PDF's I did that included Cyradon 'cleric' or 'priests' but they were designed in the Rolemaster format rather than the HARP format.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 05:33:57 PM »
Since a HARP cleric can choose a fair number of their spells from any sphere the cleric can be far more individualized, however I tend to favor the spell lists concept from RM for building clerics.  Simply use the spell list concept and select spells in compliance with what would be spell lists.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com