Author Topic: The Cyradon Starting Adventures  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
The Cyradon Starting Adventures
« on: October 25, 2013, 09:21:49 PM »
Has anyone run these and if so do they have any extra material they may have worked on to fill in the missing info in these modules?

I am currently running those adventures to kickstart a campaign in Cyradon. The 3 adventures I have are quite old and from way back to when they were first published. Unfortunately the modules are a little confusing to read at times and are missing some tidbits that if were included could help out a GM a great deal. For example: (I can't go into to much detail as my players peruse this forum) In the second module "Hunger Pangs" there is mention of crystals with symbols on them, and the number there are is left unsaid until much later (which I discovered with careful reading and simple deduction). Also the design of the symbols are left out, I consider this very important especially if I encourage "role playing" to where I give clues and handouts as to what the players see and they have to discuss (in character) what they are going to do.

If anyone can chime in and help that would be great. For anything that would include spoilers please PM me.

Bruce

P.S. Also, if these modules were updated with more info, where can I find these updates?
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: The Cyradon Starting Adventures
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 11:43:27 AM »
If you talk about the adventures in the vault. These were fan made by Alan Maher. I think they are quite perfect in detail level, I played the adventures myself (not the ones from Alan, but my own versions of the same adventure seeds) and my write downs were MUCH less.

Maybe you should just generate the missing stuff on-the-fly during gaming, or if you want to be well prepared, create something on your own before the adventure.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »
If you talk about the adventures in the vault. These were fan made by Alan Maher. I think they are quite perfect in detail level, I played the adventures myself (not the ones from Alan, but my own versions of the same adventure seeds) and my write downs were MUCH less.

Maybe you should just generate the missing stuff on-the-fly during gaming, or if you want to be well prepared, create something on your own before the adventure.
Were they in the vault? I don't remember it was so long ago. They are great adventures. But the problem is I didn't notice what was missing until the play session so I looked ahead and found a few other things. I usually do a lot on the fly and do some research prior, but it seems little things keep piling up. I am, already running the adventure and I am asking for a little help with this as I do have other projects I am working on.
Bruce

Offline -Dain-

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »
Right there
[Edited per request]

Menu, Top-left ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:45:10 PM by Thom @ ICE »

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 03:28:24 PM »
Thanks, I believe they are still the same as the ones I have.

I've been looking for something that may help me and I realized I need something like this for my games overall. I need a good runic alphabet for fantasy games. Anyone know of a good webiste to get one intended for fantasy games?
I remember having a photo copy of one I got from another game book and it was really helpful. It had runes for the elements and different aspects of a fantasy world including an alphabet. It worked great for me at the time.

Bruce

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 05:03:39 PM »
There is a nice runic alphabet in the old Rolemaster Companion. You can get it on RPGNow http://www.rpgnow.com/product/57833/Rolemaster-Companion-I.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 05:04:44 PM »
The links I have are all Tolkien related. Don't if they'll be any help.

Here's one:

http://ring-lord.tripod.com/ringlord.html

This one has links to other sites:

http://folk.uib.no/hnohf/

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 10:17:19 PM »

The trilogy of modules, along with Ruins of Kausur and others, are due for re-release with the revised Cyradon. If you have any comments or necessary edits, you may want to float them on the Cyradon board. There's a pre-exodus module in the planning stages and several post-trilogy, on Cyradon modules planned (aside from Kausur).
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 11:16:59 PM »
I have never heard of Kausur until recently on these boards. I would love to see it, even an older unrevised version. But alas I will have to wait until the re-release.

Being that the Cyradon starting adventures are in the vault and for free, wil they be updated? I will ask that question on the Cyradon boards.
Bruce

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 11:19:25 PM »
The links I have are all Tolkien related. Don't if they'll be any help.

Here's one:

http://ring-lord.tripod.com/ringlord.html

This one has links to other sites:

http://folk.uib.no/hnohf/

These are great! Thanks! I have also been locating some interesting wiki's.

Bruce