Author Topic: Revised (unofficial) Combat Table Journal  (Read 3254 times)

Offline dob85y

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Revised (unofficial) Combat Table Journal
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 03:47:42 PM »
Hi, I received a PM about using the system above, for anyone else interested see the extra little detail below

Something i didn't mention was that the Crit modifier is adjusted for the class of Crit.
Currently I am using T=-10, A=+0, B=+10, C=+20, D=+30, E=+40, these are added to the crit roll instead of the listed values in the HB 11 attack charts.

You could adjust these values change the how lethal the game is.
The Hit location chart as below used inverted 1D100, eg swap the tens and the ones, it distributes the hit locations all over the body. I allow a penalty to "aim up" to hit a specific location. In true HARP style ill include an example,

1   Head
5   R Foot
10   L Foot
15   R Leg
20   L Leg
30   Groin
40   Abdomen
50   Torso
55   R Hand
60   L Hand
65   R Arm
70   L Arm
75   R Shoulder
80   L Shoulder
90   Neck
96   Head

Say the unmodified attack roll is 64, when looking at the location chart, read it as 46, which will be Abdomen strike, lets say the defender is wearing a chain shirt, If the attacker stated they wanted to aim for the right arm, as it is unarmored, they apply a penalty of 20 to the OB (i step in lots of -5) to make the 46 a 66, which brings it into the threshold for the Right Arm, but changes the attack table from Chain to None.

Ill also post this in the general forum for interest.

Regards

Offline dob85y

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 04:17:29 PM »
One thing i forgot to spell out (most of you will have already thought of it) don't forget to adjust the DB of the defender removing the DB for the BASE armor type.
The ABTR rules are spot on for calculating the DB values of higher quality/magical armor. It does take a bit if you are working out piece by piece for different materials.
Basicly for a suit,
Soft Leather -20
Rigid Leather -30
Chain Mail -40
Chain and Plate -50
Plate -60

Bonuses for well made or magical material are added the the DB. One of my players has a Dragon Scale Shirt, which is Rigid Leather +20, the rest of his armor is Master Crafted Supple Soft leather, which after removing the shirt component provides an additional DB of +5 giving a total DB modifier (for armor) as +25. I don't separate the DB by location, thought it something i've thought about, balancing simplicity against "realism"

BTW sorry for Hijacking the thread, please feel free to move it to a more appropriate location.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 04:37:00 PM »
Currently work on my revised combat tables is on hold while I get this maptool thing figured out. This also goes for the AP system I have been working on. All is good, though it is unfortunate that I have to start an online game to get things rolling along. I believe once I get really rolling in this new game store (that will stay open much later) I will have a greater chance of picking up more new players and the playtesting can get finished or at least moving. So I think it will be a few months before I make any real submissions to ICE.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!