Author Topic: Q: Warcraft Orcs  (Read 124 times)

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Q: Warcraft Orcs
« on: April 10, 2024, 05:06:39 PM »
I'd like to translate the World of Warcraft RPG orc race from from D&D3e to Rolemaster (SS/FRP).  Should I try a one to one conversion?  Or should I get Underground Races first?  Then compare greater orcs with warcraft orcs?  I could use a little guidance.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Q: Warcraft Orcs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 07:51:18 PM »
I don't think Underground Races changed the Common Orc or Greater Orc stats from how they appeared in the RMSR or in RMFRP Character Law. So if you are just looking for the stats, you don't need it. However it does add Scrug, Vard, and Grey Orcs, plus lots of background material and other character options (talents, training packages, etc), so if you want to assess whether the cultural information there can be adapted for your purposes, that would be something to look at. I don't know WoW well enough to answer whether it is close enough to be useful.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Q: Warcraft Orcs
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 08:25:16 PM »
I don't think Underground Races changed the Common Orc or Greater Orc stats from how they appeared in the RMSR or in RMFRP Character Law. So if you are just looking for the stats, you don't need it. However it does add Scrug, Vard, and Grey Orcs, plus lots of background material and other character options (talents, training packages, etc), so if you want to assess whether the cultural information there can be adapted for your purposes, that would be something to look at. I don't know WoW well enough to answer whether it is close enough to be useful.

Okay.  Thanks!