Author Topic: Are the HARP Tables available in a one page print format?  (Read 989 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Are the HARP Tables available in a one page print format?
« on: September 17, 2013, 09:20:51 PM »
The problem with using PDF's for everything to reduce cost is that the game suffers for new players who don't know the rules. GM's and more familiar players still have to sift through pages of different PDF's to find what they are looking for. It slows the game down a lot, especially if the GM has to do it. GM's like me prefer to be more prepared. In my many many years of GMing HARP and Rolemaster I need to have my own copies of the tables printed out in one page formats so I can easily access them. Is there any way that ICE may offer the revised tables like the creatures list, attack tables, and weapons list in 1 page printable formats for easy access? I am currently working on the revised monster tables and to be honest it is putting my demo games on hold until I get them finished and printed out. Next up is the revised spells as I have made an excel spread sheet where I can print out spell cards that I need and then keep for a later date. It makes things so much easier when dealing with new players or for me to look things up. So is there anything like this available?
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
Re: Are the HARP Tables available in a one page print format?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:41:57 PM »
I would be very interested to know how you structured the Excel sheet as I wanted to do spell cards for a long time but never find a good solution for it (or at least a spell book).  ;D
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Re: Are the HARP Tables available in a one page print format?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 01:19:37 AM »
I did a vlookup function along with a pull down list that references the list that I type, so I don't have to actually type in the spell I wanted to print out, no spelling errors that way. When I was typing the description in I hit alt/enter to create another line in the cell without having to do word wrap. This copies over in the vlookup function.
I do have a slight problem though. I know a lot about excel, but for a few things. One of them is how to turn off the auto word wrap function. After I finish typing in the description I have to go and "un-check" word wrap because excel automatically does it. Annoying to say the least. I am having to retype all the spells with the advent of the revised and updated books, of which I haven't started yet.....

If you would like I might be able to send you a copy of the file. If so, PM me your email and I will send it to you as soon as I am able (I should probably delete the spell info so as to not tick off ICE).

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!