Author Topic: Needed: Help with putting together a HARP adventure for HARP first timers!  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
I will be running a HARP one night game next Thursday (the 11th of Sept) at the local gaming store, Lightspeed Hobbies. I met some people at a "Pathfinder society" event and there are a few interested in learning HARP. Next Thursday is open table gaming night. So if anyone is able, I need a little help. I am interested in some of the Guild Companion issues that feature HARP adventures, I am also interested in some of the other "modules" for HARP on RPGnow.com. But I can't buy all of them so I need to know what anyone might think would be a good introductory adventure for HARP for 3 - 6 players. Pre-generated characters are a huge bonus, but not necessary. I'd greatly appreciate any help in the right direction here. There is an introductory adventure in the Vault, but there was something about that adventure that didn't fit right for a single night event. But any advice is good advice here. Thanks in advance!

Bruce

P.S. Is it just me or is Pathfinder lacking in real game play?
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Needed: Help with putting together a HARP adventure for HARP first timers!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 07:21:44 AM »
P.S. Is it just me or is Pathfinder lacking in real game play?

Well, it isn't you.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:53:43 AM »
It is definitely not you.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 02:17:10 PM »
There are a handful of free adventures in the HARP section of the Vault. There is also the 3 part adventure in the Cyradon section (which has pre-gen PCs)

I believe the Guild Adventurers all have HARP adventures.

Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 01:48:54 AM »
Yeah and they all seem pretty good... until you look a bit deeper.
The pre-made characters are all from the unrevised rules, and trust me it does make a difference.
The "starting adventure" pre-made characters are worse, they're not even in line with the original rules. I believe those pre-made characters were from a pre-production copy of HARP. Every character used different rates of progression for hits and PP's, and all the resistances bonuses were way off. As of this moment I am in the process of adding the extra DP's to each character one gets in the newest version of HARP, which is 100 at first level (that's about 28 more than what most had so far).  If the people at ICE are listening, I can send in the corrected character sheets when I am finished. Though I may also do fix some things in the adventure also. I mean who uses goblin stats for a necromancer?.....and these are the old un-revised version of goblin stats. So if ICE is interested I will be happy to send in my whole file when I am done with it.

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!