Author Topic: AutoHarp 1.0  (Read 35934 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Re: AutoHarp 1.0
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2013, 01:38:15 PM »
The ArmorPiece node matches Armor types to armor pieces so what is defined later in the table as armor pieces need to be reflected in the ArmorPiece node as well, the same goes for if you made changes to the armor types, they would need to change in the ArmorPiece nodes. So if you have changed any names or added armor pieces, you should add those pieces as well to ArmorPiece and associate whatever armor types you wish to them. i'm thinking you would need to add two new ArmorPiece nodes called Left Shoulder and Right Shoulder, and delete the Pauldrons ArmorPiece node. Then associate the proper armor types for each piece.

You'll know something is wrong when you go to the Defenses Tab and click to get a drop down list for an armor piece and nothing shows up.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2013, 04:01:30 PM »
What does the Open Campaign in the file menu does?

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2013, 06:58:13 PM »
You can create multiple characters and have them all open in AutoHARP thus having a campaign. To save these multiple characters and have them all open at once, you can save to a campaign file. Then when you start your campaign you can launch Open Campaign and all characters in the campaign will be loaded. I didn't know if it would be a popular add-on but I put it in there because there were campaigns where I wanted to have all my character sheets in front of me.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2013, 07:10:52 PM »
I knew my five star status on SourceForge wasn't going to last forever. Thanks to those who are rating the application. It's too bad no one has decided to write a review but feedback is feedback.  8)

i'm currently having computer issues which is keeping me from working on the next version. my laptop is crapping out on me. Constant freezing issues. Safe mode seems to keep it from crashing. I have an extra computer that I can use but I have to set it up with everything.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2013, 07:59:15 PM »
You can create multiple characters and have them all open in AutoHARP thus having a campaign. To save these multiple characters and have them all open at once, you can save to a campaign file. Then when you start your campaign you can launch Open Campaign and all characters in the campaign will be loaded. I didn't know if it would be a popular add-on but I put it in there because there were campaigns where I wanted to have all my character sheets in front of me.

That is actually a very nice feature.

I knew my five star status on SourceForge wasn't going to last forever. Thanks to those who are rating the application. It's too bad no one has decided to write a review but feedback is feedback.  8)

I will eventually write a review, I want to complete my testing first. It's not how I would have done it but it works generally well.

There's something I do when I'm creating a character that causes an index out of bounds error to show up. I think I'm clicking somewhere I shouldn't when I distributing the adolescence and professional ranks but I haven't managed to find exactly what. I can't seem to do it voluntarily. Once I manage it, I'll let you know what it is.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »
Update: Version 1.0.2 Now Available!

Change log and new features can be read on AutoHARP's blog.

http://autoharpsuite.blogspot.com/

Goals for Version 1.0.3
  • A more advanced printing function that prints your character sheet using an XSD style sheet. This way multiple templates can be implemented.
  • Interstellar Travel for Harp Sci-Fi (Sci-Fi Xtreme)
  • Vehicle Combat for the Combat Tracker (Sci-Fi Xtreme)
  • Robot and Android creation  (Sci-Fi Xtreme)

Offline Turbs

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2013, 02:46:10 AM »
Just have to say.
you are doing awesome work.
havent tried it since before the 1.0 build i'll give it a go again soon

The universe is hostile. So impersonal. Devour to survive; So it is; So it's always been.  ~Tool; Vicarious~

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2013, 08:17:12 AM »
Thank you!  8)

Offline Turbs

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2013, 02:40:12 AM »
made a basic human fighter (urban)
so far i couldn't find out any bugs.
One mildly annoying thing i did find was that when spending adolescent ranks
It wasnt exactly clear which column to click in to assign the ranks.
only by trial and error did I work it out. (mind you it only took about 20 seconds to do so)

I do think the system could benefit by highlighting which are legitimately fields for the allocation of ranks.

also where do i get the other races professions from? 
The universe is hostile. So impersonal. Devour to survive; So it is; So it's always been.  ~Tool; Vicarious~

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2013, 05:46:18 AM »
The full databases are available at RPGNow for both Harp Fantasy and Harp Sci-Fi.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2013, 05:44:58 AM »
Martial Law Database Now Available

Martial Law is completed and now available as a download from RPGNow. And for the next two weeks is available at 50% off!

Included with Martial Law is:

• New skills, including new weapons, combat styles and martial arts styles.
  • New Combat Actions
  • New Combat Rules for the Combat Tracker. User can now choose to use the attack rules for Martial Law over the attack rules from the Core Rules, Harp Fantasy book. Includes new critical tables and attacks by location.
  • New social class rules that affect the character's starting money. Included with this change which was not included with the book are talents for the Lower, Middle and Upper Class (Nobility which is already included). I included this because these classes give more money than the default. Players can select the social class during character creation on the first page. A new combo box is included to select the character's social class.
  • New armor materials and quality, including additional armor pieces. Now the user can further customize their armor by adding materials and improving the quality of the armor. Armor by the piece can also be defined for specific armor types. For example, Helm can be defined to only include Chain, Chain/Plate and Plate.
  • New Talents and Items from Martial Law

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2013, 09:02:20 AM »
Updated the Blog to give you a heads up for goals for Version 1.0.3 and the upcoming Version 1.1.

http://autoharpsuite.blogspot.com/

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2013, 10:48:18 AM »
Version 1.0.3 is currently being worked on right now. I'm going to plan a cut off date for bugs by the end of this week. Next week I will start testing and putting together an update. Here is the link to SourceForge for all updates to be included in this new version.

https://sourceforge.net/p/autoharpsuite/tickets/milestone/1.0.2/

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2013, 08:33:37 AM »
All bugs for version 1.0.3 have now been resolved. I am currently working on a bonus for this release but do plan to have a cut-off date for version 1.0.3 this Friday. So if you have any other issues or bugs please get them to me by  Friday. Version 1.0.3 will be released sometime next week.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2013, 08:41:31 AM »
Great work.

I double checked my list with the milestone list and they are all marked as either resolved or closed. So I have nothing to add.

Waiting for College of Magic database at this time.  ;D

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2013, 09:43:08 AM »
College of Magics might make the next version. Like Martial Law, I already have the old version of it created so all I would need to do is make sure I update the information according to the books which shouldn't take long. However I don't yet have a copy of the new book.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2013, 08:27:01 AM »
After review, my "bonus" just ain't going to make the cut. It might make the 1.0.4 cut though. What was this bonus? A graphical interface to add and edit monsters. Eventually I will create graphical interfaces to add and edit races, cultures and professions but that won't be until much later. Still plenty of other things to do like finishing up the Sci-Fi Xtreme database, and College of Magics.

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2013, 04:27:47 AM »
Could you use some volunteers? I have a cagle of computer nerds who want this tool do everything for us! :-)
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2013, 09:30:19 AM »
What kind of volunteering? Do you mean programming or beta testers? In a sense I can always use both. If you wanted to create new programming, anyone can honestly do that. Unfortunately I do not have a real SVN setup because the network I am under doesn't like many SVN applications I have used, such as TortoiseSVN for example. So do live updates between programmers will prove difficult without SVN. However I am outside of my proxy server now. I will try and setup SVN and see if I can finally get that up and running.

However that shouldn't stop anyone from making updates. The RPL license means that anyone can create their own patches, just as long as you don't turn around and sell the whole update. So if you guys wanted to create "updates" that would be fine. If I can get SVN setup it would make updating a lot easier. If not you might be sending me your updates so I can integrate them.

What "ideas" did you have in mind? What do you mean when you say, "everything"?  8)

If you mean beta testers that would be great too. I have always needed people to put this through real world testing and let me know what works, what doesn't, and what would be nice to have.

Thank you for your interest in helping out though.  ;D ;D ;D Eventually all database work will become slow since you can only update the databases so much, but the application would be nice to have others work on it to keep it going on the off chance I find myself unable to work on it anymore. AutoHARP is definitely not my day job.  8)

Send an email to perfecthundred@gmail.com if you have any specific ideas you want to discuss.

Thanks again. This was a great post to read.  8)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2013, 10:47:33 AM »
I cannot get version 1.0.3 to compile on my linux box with the new wxWidgets 2.9.4 upgrade. Because of that I cannot offer an update to linux users for 1.0.3 at this time. I'm currently working on it. I don't want this to delay releasing this update for windows users so I will send those files to Nicholas today. Again, I apologize to our Ubuntu users out there. Hopefully I find the problem and get an update for 1.0.3 for you.