Author Topic: Random Updates from Terry Amthor  (Read 282173 times)

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Re: Random Updates from Terry Amthor
« Reply #1260 on: March 16, 2018, 11:28:09 AM »
I think I am (perhaps ironically, since I am mainly a writer) a very visual person, and before going much further than outlining the text and pulling the old source material from the original 'Emer' book, I had to get a map set up and mark all the known locations. Then all the ideas for filling in the gaps begin. And Kaitaine is going to need a whole new big city map of course.
In edition to the redo, Make a very detailed google map, with street view VR of different locales I bet you could do a kickstarter to fund it, and it will be a hit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like this one for Skyrim? http://srmap.uesp.net/
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1261 on: March 17, 2018, 07:06:37 AM »
Craig did a gorgeous new map of Jaiman, and now all I need to do is the labels. I am not the most adept person at Adobe Illustrator, but fortunately at this point I can copy many formats and text-on-curves from earlier maps.

Sadly, Jaiman has been plagued by computer delays from a few of our contributors, but hoping to get back on track soon after that with Haalkitaine and then Emer IV. I'm hoping to write an adventure for Emer IV to use at GenCon.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1262 on: March 18, 2018, 06:45:46 AM »
I think I am (perhaps ironically, since I am mainly a writer) a very visual person, and before going much further than outlining the text and pulling the old source material from the original 'Emer' book, I had to get a map set up and mark all the known locations. Then all the ideas for filling in the gaps begin. And Kaitaine is going to need a whole new big city map of course.
In edition to the redo, Make a very detailed google map, with street view VR of different locales I bet you could do a kickstarter to fund it, and it will be a hit!

Or like this http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/a/a0/Faerun_map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080923050218
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1263 on: March 18, 2018, 06:55:27 AM »

Or like this http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/a/a0/Faerun_map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080923050218

I find the labels on the Forgotten Realms map to be too heavy-handed; they blot out too much of the actual map.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1264 on: March 18, 2018, 05:08:38 PM »

I find the labels on the Forgotten Realms map to be too heavy-handed; they blot out too much of the actual map.

I actually agree! Just looked at it from that perspective!
But if you removed all the labels or did them finer.. its 95% perfect!

Offline metallion

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Winterdream Online
« Reply #1265 on: March 20, 2018, 02:49:00 PM »
Campaign Cartogapher-compatible template files would be awesome.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1266 on: March 21, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »
I can't believe I've been on this board for years and I've never stumbled into this thread.  GODS!  I want to pull my hair out.

1) I think the villagers of the Safety Dance ilk are located just south and perhaps a little east of Gryphonburg.  They seem like the happy-go-lucky sort of folk that inhabit that area.  :D

2a) I'm in the US, so no chance of me attending the same Gen Con as Terry :(
2b)  Signed book from Terry. Yes please!

3a)  Haalkitaine book is top of my wish list!
3b)  Autographed copy of Haalkitaine is even higher on my wish list... right next to the faux-leather, hardcover copy of RM2.

4)  I'm definitely interested in a Shadow World discussion group/thread.  I've started to inject more and more SW elements into the world we've been using for decades.  I've moved the cities we've used to match coastlines on the various continents on the master atlas.  It was easy enough to do given the vast locales and that no one ever had a master atlas for the world we imagined.  The players are none the wiser.  They just think they've been playing there all along
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1267 on: March 21, 2018, 11:33:39 AM »
I can't believe I've been on this board for years and I've never stumbled into this thread.  GODS!  I want to pull my hair out.

1) I think the villagers of the Safety Dance ilk are located just south and perhaps a little east of Gryphonburg.  They seem like the happy-go-lucky sort of folk that inhabit that area.  :D

2a) I'm in the US, so no chance of me attending the same Gen Con as Terry :(
2b)  Signed book from Terry. Yes please!

3a)  Haalkitaine book is top of my wish list!
3b)  Autographed copy of Haalkitaine is even higher on my wish list... right next to the faux-leather, hardcover copy of RM2.

4)  I'm definitely interested in a Shadow World discussion group/thread.  I've started to inject more and more SW elements into the world we've been using for decades.  I've moved the cities we've used to match coastlines on the various continents on the master atlas.  It was easy enough to do given the vast locales and that no one ever had a master atlas for the world we imagined.  The players are none the wiser.  They just think they've been playing there all along

Welcome to the thread! :-)

I would be happy to autograph any of my works, but sadly the logistics would be difficult unless you or someone could be at GenCon. When you order a book, it goes directly from the printer to you; I never see it. Long gone are the times of warehouses of books that I could go and sign.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #1268 on: March 21, 2018, 12:03:01 PM »
I would be happy to autograph any of my works, but sadly the logistics would be difficult unless you or someone could be at GenCon. When you order a book, it goes directly from the printer to you; I never see it. Long gone are the times of warehouses of books that I could go and sign.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility, as long as someone is willing to either a) pay to ship the books to and from Terry or b) pay to ship Terry to and from the books.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #1269 on: March 21, 2018, 12:56:09 PM »
Signed bookplates are a common solution to that problem if you want to minimize shipping.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1270 on: March 21, 2018, 01:26:47 PM »

[/Quote]
[/quote]

Ill buy book, get it send to you sign and ship. Your danish fan group here must be served!!!! :)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1271 on: March 22, 2018, 04:33:59 AM »

[/quote]

Ill buy book, get it send to you sign and ship. Your danish fan group here must be served!!!! :)
[/quote]

That would be hideously expensive! Maybe you could scan the title page and send me a PDF, I sign that and send back, or something like that.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #1272 on: March 22, 2018, 05:15:10 PM »
You are one step away from sending out signed photos!
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1273 on: March 22, 2018, 10:03:35 PM »

Such is the price of celebrity.  The difference here is that Terry actively participates in the community of his fan base.  He seems a lot more down to earth then those individuals who grace the glossy covers of super-market magazines.  And I thank him for that!

Nightblade ->--

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1274 on: March 24, 2018, 08:51:32 AM »

Such is the price of celebrity.  The difference here is that Terry actively participates in the community of his fan base.  He seems a lot more down to earth then those individuals who grace the glossy covers of super-market magazines.  And I thank him for that!

Nightblade ->--

Hah hah! But I have enjoyed meeting a few actual celebrities over the years. Garrett Wang and Robbie McNeill from ST Voyager, George Takei and Majel Barrett from ST. And Don S. Davis from Stargate SG-1 and Twin Peaks. Mr. Davis and I even spoke briefly about him working for David Lynch; he said it was an amazing experience; he was headed to a Twin Peaks reunion right after the con where I met him. He was very sweet and gracious. Actually, all of them were.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1275 on: March 24, 2018, 11:07:17 AM »
Our "club" would like a signed photo of you Sir in a pile of RM books dressed like a Lugroki!

!!!!Make it work!!!!

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1276 on: March 24, 2018, 08:54:41 PM »

Nightblade ->--

Hah hah! But I have enjoyed meeting a few actual celebrities over the years. Garrett Wang and Robbie McNeill from ST Voyager, George Takei and Majel Barrett from ST. And Don S. Davis from Stargate SG-1 and Twin Peaks. Mr. Davis and I even spoke briefly about him working for David Lynch; he said it was an amazing experience; he was headed to a Twin Peaks reunion right after the con where I met him. He was very sweet and gracious. Actually, all of them were.

I can totally see that.  I was thinking more of those so-called A-List celebs that dot the front covers of all those supermarket magazines.

Friendliest celeb I ever met was Dan McCafferty, the lead singer of Nazareth.  I was working as a TV Producer for our local TV station & we had started a Music Show (which I was Producer & Creator).  Dan was kind enough to give us an interview when Nazereth came to town for our local summer festival.  He was the kindest, most humble rock star I've ever met (and being a music junkie/musician & someone who formerly worked in the media I've met quite a few famous musicians over the years - now I'm a Lifeguard & Swimming instructor  ;D).  I'll never forget the show bumper he shot for us.  His Scotch accent was wonderful when he said the line: "807 Back Beat Rocks" (807 Back Beat was the name of the show).  Super nice guy & a great singer.

Fond memories…

Nightblade ->--

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #1277 on: March 25, 2018, 06:46:29 AM »
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline Belgerond

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1278 on: March 31, 2018, 01:23:21 AM »
Hi!

Anything new from new books (Jaiman, Emer IV and Haalkatine) ?
22 Years of Rolemaster or MERP as GM.

Offline rustorod

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1279 on: April 07, 2018, 08:33:21 PM »
Curious if there will be hard cover print version of the Master Atlas 4ed. on RPG Now?

Mike