Author Topic: How big is that potion bottle?  (Read 3674 times)

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: How big is that potion bottle?
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 09:01:52 AM »
Yeah, I think they should save as magic items of the spell level used to work the potion. Difficult to break but not impossible.

I found an old chart on Potion Miscibility for RM.. There are some interesting effects. Crit, A-E based on how many magic items are interacting.

Thick walled bottles of that size couldn't hold much liquid, but it would be difficult to carry many. Which is what I'm going for, anyway. Thanks.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: How big is that potion bottle?
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 11:34:35 PM »
I just keep it simple and assume the Vial size from the Equipment List is the standard for one dose of a potion. The Vials holds 2oz. which I find reasonable since you should have no problem gulping down that in one round.

But you bring out a very interesting question on when you have a container holding several doses. We have normally not bothered and assumed that you instinctively drank the right amount. Maybe from feeling some effects from the potion when it starts to do it's thing.

Ofcourse as already mentioned, potions could be in almost any form.
Quote from: Treasure Companion
Potions come in several forms, from watery liquids to oils, balms, and even incense.
But in whatever form I do still use the weight of 2oz dose as a guideline. Ofcourse a gas would probably take up a larger volume than 2oz of liquid and so on. But the weight should be the same. I know someone did suggest pills as an easy way to carry around ready to use doses. But with the weight from 2oz would probably result in a cookie size pill which I am ok with.

I forgot to mention that the vial itself weighs 0,25 lb (4 oz) so a filled potion bottle would equate to 6 oz. But I just make it simple and assume 0,5 lb for a full vial.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:40:45 PM by Chorpa »