Author Topic: Convertion the Diomin Shaman (D&D 3.x/Pathfinder) class  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Convertion the Diomin Shaman (D&D 3.x/Pathfinder) class
« on: October 17, 2011, 08:36:17 AM »
Looking at the available professions from both the core HARP book and the expansions I have, Diomin's shaman is looking similar to the Thamaturge, especially in what the effects of attaching spiritual significance. The shamans on Diomin invoke their spirit magic mostly through ritual, and some abilities have effects similar to existing spells.

I'm considering Co+SD for the shaman's casting stat combo.

That said, all versions of Attach Spiritual Significance are similar to the Imbue spells. Differences are: there will be no additional PP cost to attach spiritual significance to an enchanted weapon, the ritual IS the prep, duration is the lifetime of the user, effect can only be used by the proper owner, does not register as enchanted (unless also so), and base item user is assumed to be the caster.

Scaling Options:
Target User (1 other person): +4 PP
Target Users (group): Additional PP depends on size of group. Groups can literally be any size, including an entire nation.

Characters using the See Spirit talent will see Spiritually Significant items as an extension of the user's own spirit over the item, with the size of this extension depending on the power of spiritually significant effects on the item.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Convertion the Diomin Shaman (D&D 3.x/Pathfinder) class
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
Actually, based on the D&Pathfinder listing for Lasting Spiritual Significance, the additional PP cost for Target User (group) should be: +4 from the shaman, and +4 for every single individual in the group covered. If this is meant to cover an entire people, mom gives an extra +4 for you when you're born, and when you develop your own PP you pay mom back her 4 and you pay your own 4.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Convertion the Diomin Shaman (D&D 3.x/Pathfinder) class
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 07:52:00 AM »
4 PP to make the user one other person is fine. For a group, I think I'll change it to +10 PP Special: first the shaman pays the extra PP, then throughout the life time of that group, every single member pays 10 PP (once) whether the item ever touches their hands or not.
#LotorAllura2024