Author Topic: RM Excel Character Sheet by Bughunter Softworks (before Jonathan Dale Changes)  (Read 4232 times)

Offline glenward

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can help me here.  My gaming group is going back to playing some RM after a long hiatus.  I have lost my awesome Excel character sheet which was originally created by Bughunter Softworks.  I have tried the updated version by Jonathan Dale that includes visual basic macros, but A) it doesn't want to work properly for me, and B) I just prefer the older version.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Offline glenward

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Ok, I guess I was having a brain fart last night.  All I had to do was turn on the macros and it now seems to work properly.  (And quite nicely, I might add.)

Is there a version that automatically changes the skill point costs for Occupational, Everyman, and Restricted skills?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
It is not an official rule that you change the skill point costs for O, E, R skills so it would not be in the sheet.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline glenward

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Did that change in the latest version?  I have the RMSS book #5500.  Is there a reason to having O, E, & R designated skills if it doesn't change the point cost, or is the designation just ignored for simplicity? Please pardon if I am missing something obvious.

Thanks!!

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
The O/E/R classification basically multipies the number of ranks that are purchased through normal skill rank purchase. It doesn't affect the actual skill cost.

O x 3
E x 2
R x 0.5 (so you need to purchase 2 ranks to get 1 effective rank)

Offline glenward

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Wow!  That is MUCH simpler than it was in the past.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly (because it seems way too simple now):
So, if I have a skill with progression 2/5:
Standard cost; I buy 1 rank for 2 points or 2 ranks for 7 points.
With O; I buy 3 ranks for 2 points or 6 ranks for 7 points.
With E; I buy 2 ranks for 2 points or 4 ranks for 7 points.
With R; I buy 1/2 rank for 2 points or 1 rank for 7 points.
Correct?

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
Except that (so far as I know, I'm very inexperienced with RMSS/RMFRP)

With R; I buy 1/2 rank for 2 points or 1 rank for 7 points.

I wouldn't count on being able to buy half a rank. Probably either 1 rank for 7 DPs or do without it.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
The O/E/R classification basically multipies the number of ranks that are purchased through normal skill rank purchase. It doesn't affect the actual skill cost.

O x 3
E x 2
R x 0.5 (so you need to purchase 2 ranks to get 1 effective rank)

Correct, also the E,O,R does not apply to training packages or adol skills.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline glenward

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I wouldn't count on being able to buy half a rank. Probably either 1 rank for 7 DPs or do without it.
Right!  I was just following the math... :D

Correct, also the E,O,R does not apply to training packages or adol skills.
MDC
And the spreadsheet is calculating this way.  Thank you for specifying this.

Thank you, everyone, for your replies.  I had no idea that O/E/R had been changed to be so much simpler.  The calculations on the spreadsheet now make sense.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Some people allow half a Rank. You just advance every other lvl. It works for some people just fine. :)
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
Did that change in the latest version?  I have the RMSS book #5500.  Is there a reason to having O, E, & R designated skills if it doesn't change the point cost, or is the designation just ignored for simplicity? Please pardon if I am missing something obvious.

The rules for O, E & R was changed in later printings of RMSS. Actually you can in the latest printing find references to old rules on page 11, but find the updated rules on page 30.
/Pa Staav