Author Topic: Improved XP Tracker program  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Improved XP Tracker program
« on: September 06, 2011, 12:58:19 AM »
Hi All, I had a chance to use my XP Calc program last month during a game. A few friends also used computers so I let them test it out. It turned out it was to slow for real time game play and got some great ideas for revamping it at the end of our weekend. I now am working out a few bugs and a few more added features but I thought I would share the video with you fine folks and get any input on the revised version. I am also wondering from ICE as to what features, if any, cross into their intellectual property to make sure I am on the correct side. I had 1 error in the video but left it in because it shows the removal of skills. Plus it was late when I made it and was tiered :)

http://sbtraveler.tv/xptracker/XPTracker_v5.mov

-Lars

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Improved XP Tracker program
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 07:47:37 AM »
Lars;
 Please submit all inquiries about ICE intellectual property to Thom@Ice by PM or email.
Thanks
Mark D Carlson
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 10:45:38 AM »
Thanks for the direction, but I can do you one better.   ;D

Since all IP questions will be passed right along to John@ironcrown.com you can go straight to him first and save yourself some time...
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 10:48:02 AM »
Opp's my bad. I will remember that in the future.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »
Did I need to contact John about what is IP? My goal right now, as it is still in development phase, is to use it in our personal games to test it. But it could have potential to be released in the future and it is programmed in Objective-C so conversion to an iPad app is also a possibility. Of course working with ICE would be a lot of fun if this application turns out to be something good and usable.

Again my goal right now is to just share the video and get some feedback on what people think about it.

Thanks

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »
 You do not need to have approval to share the video if it does not show any ICE Intellectual property. Such as formulas etc.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline enoch

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • just me
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 12:01:11 AM »
This looks very cool, Lars. I've been wanting something like this for years. I knew if I put off learning proper coding someone would beat me to it. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 03:46:24 AM »
Hey Thanks enoch... I work on it when I have time and add new features to it. I had time to work on it last night again and added more features. I am trying to generalize it more and now you can select different dice options. Also you can load a Character photo and I am trying to make more items the users can personalize to make it their own. Also added a manual die entry for people who want to roll the dice themselves and it can still add everything up and log the information.

I looked into doing an iPad version but there are some technical things I have to over come. Mainly the table view. The iPad does not support rows and columns very well. Here is an updated photo of where I am with the app.

http://sbtraveler.tv/xptracker/XP_Tracker_update.jpg

Thanks again.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 02:58:34 AM »
This is a very well structured app. Congratulations on it's creation and implementation.

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 03:53:57 AM »
Thanks. I still have not released it and I have had to focus my work on other projects. I used it in a game a few months ago and it performed pretty well to help speed up the game play but had bugs I still need to address.

If I do end up releasing it I want to try to make a generic version that can span different games from Role Master to AD&D. When / if I do release it would more then likely be for a limited audience since it is just the Mac OS that I write code for. I looked at an iPad version of it but the iPad is limiting and forget crating a grid of any kind. I looked in to a digital Character Sheet but again grids made it hard and a character sheet is pretty much grids.

-Lars

Offline Khorah

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 08:57:08 AM »
Well, the ICE newsletter had mentioned that this was live, but other than this thread, I was not able to find it anywhere.

Is this up and running and available? Our group would love to use it :)

Offline Larswik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 11:08:19 PM »
Hi Khorah,

The idea for XP Tracker did start here. But the only thing that made the transition to the new program was the name. It is a whole new beast that we designed for faster gaming from the ground up. XP Tracker was designed for gaming by gamers who love the game but with limited time on there hands.

Right now we are finishing up the manual and doing our final checks of the software and getting the website up and running. We hope to release some photos of it in a week or 2. Since these apps are no longer the same thing, except for the name, it will be on a new thread.

Stay tuned!

Offline Khorah

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »
Awesome!

Thanks! I look forward to seeing it :)