Author Topic: Nonlethal Ranged Attacks?  (Read 942 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Nonlethal Ranged Attacks?
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:53:51 AM »
I gave the Search function a chance and didn't quite come up with a result that meet my expectations. As you may know, I am converting the Diomin D&D setting to HARP. At an early point in an adventure, there are snipers whose goal is to test the party. They're using bows, and naturally their intent is not to kill. I've been at a loss at finding nonlethal combat rules. At the same time, they have some advantages over the party: higher ground for starters, but there are only two, so the party should outnumber them.

I do have Martial Law, so I may have missed it if it's in there.

Sorry, got it: -20 OB, reduce any major critical to one of less severity. Thanks anyway.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: Nonlethal Ranged Attacks?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
Are you looking for a nonlethal attack (shot to the leg) or a nonlethal attack (blunt tip arrows)?

Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:26:43 AM »
Shots to areas less likely to lead to death. Because the adventure doesn't say different, I'm assuming these are normal arrows.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 09:24:23 AM »
I'm also not sure I'm understanding the Called Shot rule in Martial Law correctly. My interpretation is that a character can lower his OB by 50 for a total of 5 points of aim in the direction of his choosing (10 OB per 1 point). Is this right?
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »
Another question: Chaining skills and fighting with style. I think I already know the answer, but I'll ask anyway. Could these characters use the Sniping Bonus, a Called Shot, and the Subdual action? Or even just Sniping and Subdual? This would only happen on the 1st round, or before the 1st round, as the intention is for them to get the drop on the PCs with their first shots.
#LotorAllura2024