Author Topic: Official: What's happening with HARP next?  (Read 5798 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Re: Official: What's happening with HARP next?
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 02:41:35 PM »
Whoohoooo!

Now I just need to find the money to buy it and finish up my fantasy setting in a hurry.  I may have to bite the bullet and cut it into two separate sections to make it reasonable to finish in a timely manner.
-Pyrotech

Offline Uriel

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 03:41:40 AM »
HARP Fantasy is now with Aurigas for approval. We will release in pdf on or about 6th August with print-on-demand following shortly afterwards.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Will you be releasing physical copies for FLGS?

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 05:17:32 AM »
HARP Fantasy is now with Aurigas for approval. We will release in pdf on or about 6th August with print-on-demand following shortly afterwards.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Will you be releasing physical copies for FLGS?

If there's sufficient demand that we and our printing partners can justify a print run, then yes. There would be a probable six month lag between the go decision and print copies actually turning up in stores, though, - print runs take time, have to be shipped to distributors, etc.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 07:33:24 AM »
To be honest I think if there is a print run at all for FLGS's, that print run should be in hard covers. To be sure, that may reflect my own prejudice in favor of hard covers over soft covers. Nonetheless, soft cover editions can be had through PoD, so to some extent you'd be competing against yourselves, and in addition there are those few like myself who would rather buy the hard cover at the higher price than the soft cover at the cheaper one. Having a hard cover edition at the FLGS gives customers a reason to buy there: The product they really want flatly isn't available by any other means.

Whether there's sufficient demand, I can't even guess. Yes, I'd love for you to do a print run just so I can get exactly what I want... but if I'm the only one, well... I'd love to have one, but I'm not gonna buy a thousand or so just to keep them from being remaindered.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 07:42:18 AM »
OneBookShelf/LightningSource does hardcovers and softcovers with equal aplomb these days. Both HARP SF and HARP SF Xtreme are available in both hardcover and softcover. The Shadow World Player's Guide is only in softcover for page count reasons - it's too small to make a good hardcover. (We could do a hardcover even at its page count but it would look silly as the binding would dwarf the innards).

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme