Author Topic: Qs on playing the Healer  (Read 3888 times)

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
Re: Qs on playing the Healer
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 02:37:49 PM »
Thanks for the pointer. Yes, this Spell Typing spell might be used to chance the type from U to F. The spell contains a comment about only changing the nature how RRs get made, which makes me wonder if such a change of unwilling targets now being possible targets is really allowed. But it could be the case.

The good thing is that both, Spell Typing and Spell Shaping are Base Spell Lists of two distinct professions. Of course it would easily be possible for a high-level Arcanist to also learn a 1st level Healer spell, but probably at such a level he has other attack options...

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 03:37:13 PM »
It might be used to change the type from U to *E*. There's no need to allow a RR *at all*. Yes, this list is a bit broken, but then, it is in the Arcane Companion.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 11:17:44 PM »
If you are looking at Evil, what will it take to Spell Master Transfer so that you may transfer a wound from a person to another person?  ;D

-Terry

LOL. That was the first thing the current Healer in my campaign asked. (The second was about transferring at range.) Since I treat Transferring Ways as an innate ability (curse or blessing take your pick), I said no to both.

Transfer at range is by the book in RMSS (12th level "Long Transfer" on Cleansing list), although range is only 1'/level.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 12:44:30 AM »
Transfer at range AND an area affect...hee hee hee.

Best part is healer is transfering self inflicted wounds to enemies, healinh him instantly.  Just imagine the Sd required to chop off your own hand AND successfully cast the transfer spell at the same time.  Of course, if our evil healer has LION HEART spell active, or an unpain IV...

Worship a god of suffering?  Perfect.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 07:19:20 PM »
Transfer at range is by the book in RMSS (12th level "Long Transfer" on Cleansing list), although range is only 1'/level.

In my case (running 2nd Ed) I don't use that version of Spell Law ...
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **