Author Topic: The Heal Cut cantrip  (Read 927 times)

Offline calmacil

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
The Heal Cut cantrip
« on: December 03, 2010, 04:09:31 AM »
Hello all,
Got a question. The Heal Cut cantrip stops 1 concussion point of bleeding, and has no effect on more severe bleeding wounds.

If a warrior is bleeding 4 hits per round from 4 different wounds (each 1 hit per round), do you allow the Heal Cut cantrip to be cast four times? (this means you have to mark each wound) or does all the bleeding from each wound count as a whole?

On a similar note, the cantrip Heal Bruise heals up to 5 concussion hits. Do you count 5 hits may be healed from individual wounds? or 5 hits max
 ........eg. a warrior is hit by a broadsword that does 22 hits, a dagger that does 8 hits, and a club that does 10.... from the cantrip is he able to heal 5 or 15 concussion hits? or can you keep casting Heal Bruise again and again, unlimited times?

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: The Heal Cut cantrip
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 05:09:55 AM »
The cantrip description reads:

Caster is able to heal a 1 concussion hit per
round bleeding wound. This cantrip has no effect on more
severe bleeding wounds.

If the character has 4 wounds, each bleeding 1 - then 4 castings of the cantrip should heal them all.

The Heal Bruise does not carry the same second sentence so there is a bit of GM interpretation involved here.  I would see this as having 3 options.
1 - Three castings would allow a total of 15 points healed - 1 per wound. (This would be my interpretation).
2 - None of the castings would yield any benefit as each of the three wounds were in excess of 5 hits.
3 - You can cast this cantrip repeatedly an unlimiited # of times and eventually heal all of the damage. (This is not one I would allow.   If you DO allow Minor Healing to be cast repeatedly on the same wound, then it should probably be permitted on the cantrip also.)

Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline jasonbrisbane

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Darkeen's Battlefield - still going strong.
    • Darkeen's Battlefield
Re: The Heal Cut cantrip
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 09:22:34 PM »
According to rasyr's description of major and minor heal,

Yea you can cast. The cantrip multiple times to heal all damage.

I'd make a houserule and not allow it though
--------
Regards,
Jason Brisbane
HARP GM & Freelancer
Author of "The Ruins of Kausur"
http://roleplayingapps.wordpress.com