Author Topic: Talent Commanding Demeanor  (Read 1429 times)

Offline DangerMan

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Talent Commanding Demeanor
« on: July 06, 2010, 12:26:52 PM »
In Character Law there is a talent called Commanding Demeanor. It says you may make a leadership maneuver to instill fear in a foe. How wil this work?

I guess you need to make a successful leadership static. Then the foe gets a RR, versus your level, modified by his fear resistance. If the foe fails, then what? He flees with all means available? For how long? If he makes his RR, may you try again on the same foe later on?

Anyone have had any experiance with this? We're used to the fear spells, but they have more details on effects.
If you're having fun, you're doing it right!

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
Re: Talent Commanding Demeanor
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 04:54:47 AM »
I believe it is pretty straightforward:

Make a leadership check. When successful (Rolling 111+) applying modifiers based on the target race, morale and other factors , allow a Fear RR based on the Leader's lvl vs target lvl. Depending on the amount of failure he'd be at -10 to OB and DB for 1-10 rounds(failing with 1-25), flee for several rounds (1-6) (failing with 26-50) or be paralyzed with fear (51+ failure) for 1-6 rounds)
Of course never allow Constructs and undead to be affected, the same goes for even low level giant creatures, or non-humanoids without sentience. (To a basilisk a snarling human may just be the dinner bell, and to a young giant an interesting toy.) Then there's the battlefield factor: surrounded by a few dozen of his trusted toadies, the half orc chief will not be impressed, or at least: very hard to impress.

Game on!
Game On!

Offline DangerMan

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 05:05:19 AM »
Then there's the battlefield factor: surrounded by a few dozen of his trusted toadies, the half orc chief will not be impressed, or at least: very hard to impress.

Good point! Thanks for the input. I guess the nature of the situation should result in modifiers from routine - sheer folly.

After making a successful research maneuver myself, actually I found a a table for fear/awe attacks in Gamemaster Law. Same sections actually contains tables for "suggestion" and "charm" as well. Never knew these existed.

If you're having fun, you're doing it right!

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 06:22:44 AM »
hmm me neither, thank you as well :)
Game On!