Author Topic: Grand Campaign - Uthgool  (Read 2960 times)

Offline darksilver

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Grand Campaign - Uthgool
« on: October 07, 2008, 10:19:37 AM »
Just curious to know what creature stats etc people who have GMed the Grand Campaign used to represent the Uthgool encountered in the tunnels under Haalkitaine. The text mentions a table but none is present.

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Grand Campaign - Uthgool
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 01:04:43 PM »
Hey darksilver

Right from my notes

Name: UTHGOOL
Level: 4
Hits: 180
AT: 9(50)
Sh: N
Gr: N
Melee OB1: 80 by claw (med) - dirty claws. RR vs mild disease. Up to the gm (a bad RR could get flesh rot in my game.)
Melee OB2: 75 by bit (med) 1-30% infected by a minor poison. After a few hours the infected will get minor flu like symptoms for up to 24 hours
Powers: same as the details.
Treasure: Yes but not here. If you can find the hidden room: 1D6 gp, 2D6 sp, 1D20x2 bp, 1D20x2 cp. semi-precious necklace (value 3sp), beautiful paired shortwords +10 (none magical - no sheaths), Suit of Half Plate +5 magical - long dead owner is still in it... etc
EXP Value: 50 each above any earned.
Notes: Travel in packs of 5 to 500. (my adventure had 15 - They just keep coming out of the walls in small groups of two or three). I made them pretty fast, reflected by their DB bonus of 50.

When I used this section, as I have moved the Phoenix sword for the umpteenth time... I made them demons, from a close by pale. No powers like spells, but they had the same strength of body a giant does. At first my party was laughing and making baseball and golf jokes. That changed pretty quickly when they just kept coming aback. The creatures seemed to like getting slapped around, and my party got angry! aaaaahhhh pooorrr itsy bitsy players....

I'm told it's my duty to fight against the law
That wizardry's my trade and I was born to wade through gore
I just want to be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul
I wish it'd picked another to be it's killing tool