Author Topic: What do people Know  (Read 10326 times)

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: What do people Know
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2008, 08:28:35 PM »
or at least what they think is magic

Aaaahh munchy you are a being after my own heart!

Player: I hit it, hit it hard with my magic sword!
GM: Ohhh yea, you smash it good... you dent your sword.
Player: What! I dented my sword on it's bone?!
GM: BWAHAHAHAAHHAH - old man selling magic swords... 200 gp... LOL.

Hey Kevin, Some bloke down the pub told me you to say, Thanks for you post!

Andraax was seen in the East. - Who tells people this? This is the stuff that is so magnificent, it is obviously misinformation - IT Must Be TRUE!

I'm told it's my duty to fight against the law
That wizardry's my trade and I was born to wade through gore
I just want to be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul
I wish it'd picked another to be it's killing tool

Offline metallion

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Winterdream Online
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2008, 08:20:46 AM »
Andraax?  Andraax?!?  You believe in Andraax?  Oh, yeah, he's chilling out at the Ardent Sheep with the Tooth Spirit of Orhan and the Midsummer Bunny!   Andraax!   C'mon, really, what do you want to know?

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2008, 08:51:02 AM »
I hear the Ardent Sheep is a lovely place with soft wool and gentle bleetings. If I was a near mythical figure, that is where I would be.

Did that Midsummer Bunny not do a tour on yuk yuks?

Offline Elrik

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »
You know that your party is going to something dangerous when your party spends 12k in gold to buy two Elvish devil Masks...

In my game, when the players take a blood oath, they can buy a devil mast. The mask is made by a Elder in a deep trance, each mast is created directly on the buyers face. The process is painful, tearing flesh and leaving the buyer emotional, spiritual and mentally spent. The Oath becomes an intrinsic component of the mask, the essence of the buyer charges the mask offering protections that can help the Oath Takers to complete the quest. Each mask is unique, fits perfectly over the users face, they do not get in the way of combat or block vision. Ancestors help to design and colour the mask. Some are truly horrific while others are seemingly lovely.

Some of the Powers: Each mask has a set of powers, then variations that the GM can add themselves.

Basic Powers only active when worn:
     +5 to alertness, sense ambush, observation
     +5 stalk/hide
     Act as a full helm
     Incredibly resilient
     Mask will become a blank chunk of wood in the wrong hands.

Additional Powers: (up to 2 that are applicable)
     +2 spell adder
     additional +5 to a skill (can stake with current bonuses)
     keep going but not to crazy.

depending upon the Magic and spirit level you are playing, the Mask can give Players a gentle nudge in the right direction. This is not a compass, but instead a shot gun approach.  For example, the player will get a sense that the target is east or north east. But that is where the GPS stops.

My players have a sister, she fell into a trap, fell in love with a bad Paladin and fell. She was a 10th level Mage, 4th level Fighter, and nearly 3 years ago in game time, became a vampire. She manipulated the players, guilted them into taking missions and abandoned them to an apartment complex full of her Undead.

My players have actually been slowly building up their power, but I am cheap. Hell, they even figured out where she is on their own based upon a conversation that they had with her when; she told them that she wanted to take the control of Oncth, the U-Lyshaak towers nearest Getech. But that is still a ways down.

The blood oath will punish those that deny the quest; discomfort, to unpleasantness to pain.

Why am I rambling this, because I haven't used this in years and my one player pulls it out of his hat. I was impressed with what some of my players remember.