Author Topic: I need a playbook  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Kane

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I need a playbook
« on: June 09, 2008, 07:19:05 PM »
I read through Shadow World Atlas 1st edition and then picked up Emer I.  I tried to stay with the world history section and got lost fairly quickly.  Telling who was who, why they mattered, who was allied with who was extremely difficult.  Why Jaiman history was included with Emer I'm not sure.  Is there a handy guide anywhere that details the players?  What I finally got out of the history is tha a lot of bad things happened and lots, and lots of people died.

Kane

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
Re: I need a playbook
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 08:22:01 PM »
Kane, the Shadow World timeline is very detailed and takes many readings to get it all.   The best thing to do is to go register at:
http://nomikos.vroomfogle.com

then you can browse the timeline based on region, so you can select Emer and just see Emer timeline (though even that will be very large), it's best on a smaller region at a time, such as NW Emer.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 07:16:03 AM »
Hi Kane,

Yes Vroomfogle's timeline is a great resource (I have been known to use it myself!). The timeline can be intimidating, but I believe some people appreciate the level of detail. When I include entries from other lands (e.g., Jaiman ones in Emer) usually it is only entries that have some impact on that region. I go through the timeline every time I do one in a new book and cull out the entries that I think are irrelevant.

Terry
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Kane

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 04:34:48 PM »
Terry,

I'm going to make a who's who list for my own use and try to tie together the various competing factions and then re-read the timeline.  The detail in the timeline is great, it's just confusing with all the names and players. 

Kane

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 01:15:32 PM »
Don't worry, it took the people that compiled what can be found in the Nomikos Library some time and several headaches to get things relatively straight. ( at least it took me time and a few headaches  ::) )

The library is The Timeline, it includes, as far as we know, everything that could be included.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 01:16:56 PM by Guillaume »
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 01:17:54 PM »
Don't worry, it took the people that compiled what can be found in the Nomikos Library some time and several headaches to get things relatively straight. ( at least it took me time and a few headaches  ::) )

Yes, Guillaume's work was big help, as was Dave Landle's.   And some entries *still* aren't straight.   I get emails from time to time pointing out inconsistencies or mistakes so please if you see something that seems off don't just assume that it's right (and let me know) !

When you get that playbook done let me know, it might be a great addition to the library !

Offline Kane

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 04:54:06 PM »
I've got Powers of Light and Darkness in bound so hopefully that will help.  If I put together anything presentable, I'll let you know.

Kane

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 01:32:06 PM »
I just thought.... There's my All you want to know about Shadow World somewhere in the vault. It's supposedly a player handout to explain things to players that don't know anything about Shadow World. But you'll probably find some interesting informations in it too.
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 03:26:49 PM »
In a similar vein as Guillaume's "All you want to know..." doc on my website there are some player guides but the focus is more on geography and other basic info rather then on specific people.   Player Guides are the links in the top right:
http://www.vroomfogle.com/

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 04:57:38 PM »
You know wha that timeline needs......some development for Thuul and Agyra.....LOL that'll make it nice and chunky....he he he
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.