Author Topic: Profession: Navigator  (Read 4234 times)

Offline jps

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Profession: Navigator
« on: June 04, 2008, 02:40:17 AM »
First off, hello everybody

I'm about to launch a new campaign for SW using the RMFRP system and over the course of the campaign the PCs should end up working for the Navigators. Thus I'd like to get a hand on Navigator's spell lists and details about their profession. I bought the whole RMFRP line and the new SW supplements and I'm still unable to find data about their profession and spell lists. Does somebody know where I could find them ?
thx

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Profession: Navigator
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:45:57 AM »
In the Shadow World Master Atlas: Second edition there are Navigator and Loremaster spell lists. There aren't any write ups on the Navigator (or Loremaster) professions in any game way that I have ever seen - and I have been into SW since the second edition days. They definately NEED game rules write-ups.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline jps

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 03:07:18 AM »
Thanks for the swift reply. :)
I was pretty sure I read their spell list somewhere, must have been in a previous edition of SW master atlas.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 04:00:14 AM »
If you don't have access to that edition of the Master Atlas, you can also download them from here: http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=terbob&templatefn=FileSharing1.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.2.xml&sitefn=RootSite.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 04:01:23 AM »
If you don't have access to that edition of the Master Atlas, you can also download them from here: http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=terbob&templatefn=FileSharing1.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.2.xml&sitefn=RootSite.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en

Dang  you just beat me to it!

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 05:40:24 AM »
Or you can download them from the forums here -- http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item589

Basically, you can consider the Navigator and Loremaster to be a set of Arcane Spell Lists. There is no "profession" to go with either. Anybody with these lists is whatever profession that they were before.

The character joins an "Arcane Order" (IIRC, RoCo III had information on such things), and get the spell lists and treat them like Base Lists once they are members of the order.

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 06:29:12 AM »
Well it is supposed that you need a lot of years studying to become a Navigator (usually teenagers) , or at least i see it this way, like it happens with Loremasters (journeyman, Navigator, Elder...).

Is a profession normally out of reach in PC's, so it is a bit restrictive.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 06:30:20 AM by Vince »

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 10:51:55 AM »
Perhaps the Loremasters have a might esseance machine that can imprint/teach their spell list to new recruits as they prove themselves...or the machine is sentient and chooses what list to confer...or they have a ritual that test how ready the supplicant is...or its a three card monty game...

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 05:58:17 AM »
After responding and looking into it I came to the conclusion that I think the abilities that the Navigators have should be from the Compasses and not spell lists - or, at least, a combination of the two. Like the Compass allows them to move multiple targets and/or just more volume, but the spell is from their own spell list. This allows them to be of the varying professions that they are and not have to be of a whole new Navigator profession. JMO.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 01:53:25 PM »
Quote from: Shadow World Master Atlas Second Edition

Compasses
Though they may differ in the full range of their power, the Compasses all perform basically the same task - generating a safe route for the travelers who wields it. It is necessary for the user to have mastered the appropriate Arcane lists to be able to fully utilize a Compass, and therefore to become a Navigator. Compasses are invariablt highly intelligent items mentally attuned to the user ( attunement is often a complex process in itself ) and directs him or her on the safest route. The wielder provides information on those who are to be Jumped and approximately to where; the Compass keys in on the Navigator's PPs in addition to it's own formidable energies, and enacts the Jump using Essaence Flows for power and guidance. Jumps using a Compass are almost risk-free

As such we can assume that anybody willing to cast a Navigator Jump needs to have a Compass... and will be unable to cast it safely without it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 01:54:31 PM by Guillaume »
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline Balhirath

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 03:52:32 AM »
If you have access to some of the RM2 books, Comp III gives some of the professions of the navigator as well as the spell lists.
I'm new here, but have played RM2 on and off for 20 years. :)