Author Topic: question about adrenal quickdraw  (Read 2376 times)

rego

question about adrenal quickdraw
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:54:30 AM »
when i use adrenal quickdraw does it take one of the three phases of combat?or is it a "free" roll?

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: question about adrenal quickdraw
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:15:50 AM »
If I remember right, if you succeed (full success) it takes no action, but partial and near successes means it takes the normal 20% action - though you could easily say 10-15% if you want. Failure means it takes the full 20% to draw the weapon. It does count as the one adrenal action per round limit.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: question about adrenal quickdraw
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:21:13 PM »
 I am not at my books but I seam to remember that with AD Quickdraw if you do not succeed you throw you weapon but if you do it takes no %. The other Quickdraw lets you take the standard draw time if you fail your roll or a reduced drawtime if you make you roll. Now I use a different combat system so it has been quite a time since I looked at the QD skills in either RMSS or RMFRP but I think they are clearly spelled out in the book, so you might want to check.

BTW, I have also encountered many house rules on the use of the QD skill's so you might alos want to ask your GM how he does it if you are not the GM.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.