Author Topic: Norek & Plasidar  (Read 7439 times)

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Norek & Plasidar
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 04:52:14 AM »
Sounds great Walt, I'll have to read up on my Norek book soon I gather. Actually in my campaign Norek is not a part of Rhakhaan either, but they are negociating some kind of treaty with both Cynar, Remeriath and Haalkiatine. Lorgalis is not very active at the moment, but he could be.

The starting point for our campaign are two significant events:
First, the resurrection of Zyax, the Warlord for the Forces of Ulor at the end of 6049 TE. With this the War around U-Lyshak begins. A war for which Logarlis had a long time to prepare. This was the first move of the Unlife Forces: with this move the raised hopes of the Council of Norek and the forces of good of help through an ancient hero of the past are squashed quite at the very beginning - what delicious plan of Logarlis, hitting all the hopes and even the very faith of the people in the Gods of Orhan!
The second, the unexpected meeting of Kier with whatever group of people trying to get his hands on the seadrake artifacts.

In our campaign the players have still to devlop their strategy against Ulor and the Cult of Yarthraak. The discussion goes from raising an army, to walking right into Cynar and demanding back the regency to some diplomatic actions and even to the (stupid?) paln if finding some old artifacts.

And on this they have to accept some very hard compromises. For example, to get the help of the Thieves of Cynar (to get the players with Kier back into the Royal Chateau to look for the Sea Drake Amulet) Kier had to sign a treaty giving the Thieves "free-hand" and protection in some certain buisnesses.

Perhaps soon they have to negotiate also with the Duke of Plasidar. I?m still not sure what will the demands of him, but they will for sure be fullon because for the moment (spring 6050) Kier has nothing to offer him but needs his help.

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Norek & Plasidar
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 02:26:24 AM »
@ Terry (a question about the timeline):

In Jaiman (1989) U-Lyshak breaks in 6201 SE into 2 lands, the western part ruled by Aeryk who institutes human sacrifice as part of a new religion. 6210 SE the capital of Cynar is sacked. (p 11)

In Powers of Light and Darkness (2003) in 6201 SE Aeryk coordinates the split of U-Lyshak, Cynar is sacked. The northern part, Su-Lyak, institutes human sacrifice under the rule of Aeryk. Ulyas, the southern part, is held by an indirect heir. Then in 6203 an army led by an Ordainer overruns much of Ulyas and lays waste to the southern region. In 6210 SE the same Ordainer (by the way, has this near demigod a name?) assaults the capital city and home of the king of Su-lyak (p 7,8)

In the Master Atlas, 4th Edition (2003) in 6201 SE there is civil war in U-Lyshak and the northern part remains loyal to Prince Selacarn (who is slain afterwards) and the southern lords seek independence. In 6210 SE Cynar is sacked by an army led by an Ordainer. (p18,19)

It?s for sure good to have the different stories because different historians will write different history. But what happened really between 6201 and 6210 SE?