Author Topic: Norek & Plasidar  (Read 7441 times)

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Norek & Plasidar
« on: January 12, 2008, 11:48:10 AM »
I happend to remember an old thread of Munchy relating to Norek and the possible connections to Jaiman (somewhere in the archives).

More and more I realise how gorgeous the possible interconnections between both can be made. After going through Norek, some adventures in and around Jaiman, the gaining of the SeaDrake Pendant the players are heading back to Norek.

And with Ulor paying the Pirates of Plasidar to disrupt the trade connections it?s a city ripe for absorption of Ulor: the unemployment rates are high, rasicm in the streets (in our game Mazba Olinher was killed through Nitire, Dunna Revin working for a change in the council for her and Lorgalis favour)

With a little bit of planing it?s an excellent start for any group to introduce into Shadow World and afterwards give them the "dark mood" of Jaiman breaking apart...

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Norek & Plasidar
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 04:33:54 PM »
IIRC, Norek became part of the Rhakhaan Empire after the Civil War between Jerrin and Frelik.
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 04:45:10 AM »
Help me, what?s the meaning of IIRC?

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 06:39:47 AM »
If I Recall Correctly...i had to ask too a while back.

Crazy internet/chat lingo ;)

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline GM

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Nerdcon
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 08:42:31 AM »
That is a interresting plot Walt :)
In my campaign Norek is undecided in joining King Kier of Helyssa or Emperor Jerrin of Rhakhaan, the idea of Lorgalis meddeling in these politics would be a great addition. I think i'll add it in the future.

We have a pretty good campaign map of the Nea Bay and suroundings, ill scan and post it if you like?
"It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past."

G'Kar - Babylon 5

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 11:33:37 AM »
We have a pretty good campaign map of the Nea Bay and suroundings, ill scan and post it if you like?
[/quote]

Thanks a lot, this would be nice and very interesting. I can send you in return some stuff in and around Norek.

In our story Norek is developing into an uncertain future. The "fumble" with the resurection of Innlothu Pahal gave Dunna Revin the possibility to compete against Nusmoy. She wants to get the chairmanship of the council and to introduce an emissary of Ulor instead of the Remiraith into the council. And so on and so on. layer after layer...

I would be happy to exchange thoughts about the different plot possibilities. Not sure if a forum is the right place for this?

Offline GM

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Nerdcon
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »
The Ulor Emissary
Sounds very intimidating :)

In my campaign one of the characters is a lesser knight from the southern Helyssa and fiercely loyal to King Kier, he would be very upset with such a emissary. I will look more into this, and post some ideas here. I by the way belive this forum would be a ok place to share ideas :)
"It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past."

G'Kar - Babylon 5

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 12:31:07 AM »
The Ulor Emissary

is a lesser knight from the southern Helyssa and fiercely loyal to King Kier, he would be very upset with such a emissary.

Same for us, one PC is the cousin to Kier and another one the former bodyguard to Minalon frim Cynar (the former advisor to King Halek and Mentor to Kier). Both loyal to Kier.

But Norek has got a rather strong and independent position in our version. Dunna Revin has got a strong position in the Arcanus with her idea of a magokratie in Norek. Trying to influence the attitude against Nusmoy and towards Ulor for a long time. And nowbody know to what is up this "Lord of Ulor".
Guthrin has only the problem that the trade is down. And everybody who changes the problem and leaves him in his position is fine for him.
Humar Winnoy has got his first duty to U-Lyshak and the second towards Norek. And independent Norek, as it was already fot thousands of years. So for sure he hates the, in his view, evilLord of Ulor, but he also doesn?t like the idea of a strong U-Lyshak if Kier would find the crown.

By the way, we are still in 6050 TE. So the situation still unfolds

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 05:44:36 AM »
King Liras can be another factor in your game. After Kier appears, it is "official" that Liras accept Kier and make an agreement with him.

After all, Liras will be not happy with the death of Mazba.

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 10:51:05 AM »
After all, Liras will be not happy with the death of Mazba.

No, Liras is not at all happy with the death of Mazba. With Mazba did not only die a emissary of the Remiraith in Norek. With Mazbe died the spokesman, the organ trying to plea a little bit of understanding into Liras ears for all those shortlived human affaires.
Now it?s over, King Liras fortified his borders and let it be.
This was the reason why Thev O Erlini in the disguise of (an already dead Mazba) put Humar Winnoy under drugs and provoked him so much that Humar himself had at the end the impression he murderd Mazba Olinher.

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 11:10:33 AM »
Knows anybody a sourcebook of any world or system which would be a good prototype for Sidar? So far I found "Thieves Quarter" of City Quarter Sourcebooks which could make sense.

Offline fac

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Shadow World's aficionado
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 06:44:16 AM »
Freeport from Green Ronin could be good, Five Fingers from Privateers is damn good too.

Also you can use the same info to flesh out Xooba.
You must feel the thought and think the feeling

Offline GM

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Nerdcon
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 04:18:59 PM »
Good idea with using Five Fingers with Xooba :)

Well I promised some time ago I would post our campaign map of Plasidar when i got around a scanner, and now I have.

http://www.nerdcon.dk/files/Plasidar2.jpg - Here is the campaign map of Plasiadar, some of the stains were intended, others got there in time but I like it looking old and used :) There are some places that are written in danish others in english. I can post a cleaned up version with engliglish translations if you would like that.

http://www.nerdcon.dk/files/NeaBay1.jpg  - This is a map of the area around Plasidar, with several cities and the entire of Meluria, som of the cities in Meluria are from the Kabis campaign.

Enojy :)

G'Kar - Babylon 5

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 12:33:13 AM »
Thanks GM,

it?s a pretty good map. I finally found some Shadow World Masters which are also keen on the idea to connect all the different campaigns which we are running around Jaiman.

At the moment it?s only an idea, but would you have interest?

Offline GM

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Nerdcon
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 03:43:08 AM »
Hey Walt, yes I would definitely like to discuss those ideas, I belive the potential for such a group is very good, I love to get fresh input and new ideas on an old subject. Actually in my campaign the Helyssa administration (King Kier) believes Plasidar to be an old part of the U-Lyshak (the 5th dukedom) and thus formally claims it as their own, but is in no to position and has no real will to back the claims up with arms. Much like the China/Taiwan situation. But it makes some great moments when player characters form U-Lyshak and Plasidar has to team up against a more important enemy.

I have made a map of Saralis which includes the northern part of U-Lyshak. It might be usefull? http://www.nerdcon.dk/files/Saralis2.jpg

Later :)

G'Kar - Babylon 5

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 12:11:44 PM »
Hi GM,

is German any problem for you? I?m developing at the  moment an adventure serie located in Norek and U-Lyshak. At the moment it?s round about 22 pages. But all in German.

In addition to this I?m focusing on the whole region in the sense of some kind of supplement for U-Lyshak. But that?s still at the moment a combination of notes and maps without to much structure. But I would be more than happy to get some feedback on this stuff.

Cheers

Offline GM

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Nerdcon
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 04:09:32 PM »
Well.... german hmmm :)
Meine kenntnisse im deutschen sind nicht sehr gut, aber ich glaube ich verstehe das meiste.

I Would love to read it :)

G'Kar - Babylon 5

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 12:41:25 AM »
Okay, fantastic. (at least it?s not writen in Bavarian slang)

Please give me some e-mail adress for sending the stuff.

Some facts for the story I send you:
Date 70.2.6050 TE.
It?s aft the resurecction of Zyax the Ebon (with dire consequences for the Orden of the Spear)
It?s the start of the military campaign of Lorgalis against Jaiman.

And one quite inportant thing: in contrast to the version of Terry the Rhakhaan Empire doesn?t have a hold over Western U-Lyshak (also the Western Marches are in our version different-but I?m still trying to find for this a solution so both fit together)

Offline GM

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Nerdcon
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 06:17:53 AM »
Sounds great Walt, I'll have to read up on my Norek book soon I gather. Actually in my campaign Norek is not a part of Rhakhaan either, but they are negociating some kind of treaty with both Cynar, Remeriath and Haalkiatine. Lorgalis is not very active at the moment, but he could be.

G'Kar - Babylon 5

Offline Walt

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 09:19:52 AM »
The Ulor Emissary
Sounds very intimidating :)

In my campaign one of the characters is a lesser knight from the southern Helyssa and fiercely loyal to King Kier, he would be very upset with such a emissary.

Hi GM, can you some information of the charakter (and perhaps the others too) I would like to include this lesser Knight into our campaign. Or even the whole of your group somehow.
In which time are you playing?