Author Topic: Master Timeline - Non-pdf  (Read 4536 times)

Brimariis

Master Timeline - Non-pdf
« on: November 17, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »
First many thanks to the individuals who have pulled the timeline together.  It is very useful in absorbing the events of history and helping GMs develop their campaigns.  The work in Nokimos Library (http://nomikos.vroomfogle.com) is wonderful.

However I would like to enhance the timeline with two concepts.  First, I would like to add some of the Spacemaster timelines as this would provide a fuller scope of the dynamics that have happened outside of Kulthea (though has an impact).  Second, I would like to add reference columns to the timeline, stating what book and page the date has came from.  With all the reference materials, this will help be used for further understanding and development.

With the people that have the Master Timeline compiled, would anyone be open to providing that in a non-pdf format (perhaps a word type document or spreadsheet)?

Thanks!
Brim

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Master Timeline - Non-pdf
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 03:59:58 PM »
Hey Brim,

I'm glad that you find the timeline so useful.    Comments are great.

The Spacemaster timeline is a good idea.   One of the things on my to-do list is to add the ability to filter viewing of entries by source.   In other words, a user could deselect Spacemaster entries and would never see them.   Likewise I could put in entries from non-canon books, or even from individual's campaigns, but every user would be able to filter out those entries if they wished.     So I'd like to do that before adding any entries from SM - however I'm also quite busy now, so it's low on the list.     The fields for Source are already in there and some entries have already had source info added (such as Demons of the Burning Night), however not page number and I can't imagine I'd ever have the time to go look up page numbers, plus many entries appear in many books.

I may be able to export the timeline from the database and get it into Excel somehow, I'll give it a try.

Brimariis

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 09:19:30 PM »
If you could get to Excel and get it to me, I could do the "heavy lifting" and identify all the sources and send it back.  This could help you, I and anyone else.

Let me know how I can assist.

Thanks-
Brim

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 12:23:13 PM »
watch the monster he helped build get a life of his own

Perhaps the PDF/word file that started it all could be of use somewhere ?

I know that the content is definitely not up to date, but it might help.

514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 05:01:37 AM »
Perhaps export the database table as a txt file, then import that file into Excel as a comma delimited file?
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 08:27:15 AM »
Perhaps - I can probably export the main table, but the Wordpress db is pretty extensive and there's a lot of relational information that wouldn't export.    It's the importing it back in that might be a problem.