Author Topic: Creature conversion from RM2 to RMSS  (Read 2943 times)

Grimm

Creature conversion from RM2 to RMSS
« on: October 03, 2007, 02:14:21 PM »
Hi
For a long time our little roleplay group played RM2 and enjoyed it loads and loads but have plucked up the courage and have recently got myself RMSS read it (several times) and am about to embark on a campaign in Shadow World.  I would like to use some monsters from C&T3 but cannot find them in Creatures and Monsters, does any one have any tips for the conversion?
many thanks Grimm

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: Creature conversion from RM2 to RMSS
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 05:40:38 PM »
Use them as is.  They didn't convert any monsters from RM2 to RMSS.  At least none that I've found.  Unless they have a spell list or crit chart not in the new version, but you can probably use that as is as well.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 06:18:42 PM »
Yep, use em as is.  The numerical differences are very small between the two systems.  You will have to adjust init mod, but since the same terms are used from the old system and C&M, that should be no problem (BF is +16 init mod in RMSS, etc).

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Grimm

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
Thanks for the info, I will ravage my players with many creatures and chase them from one corner of the map to the other!

Grimm :D

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 04:06:30 PM »
The only difference IMO is when the mosters are of high level 15+. Up until then I think most of them are ok.

Just take a look at your parts OB's and DB's and match them to the mosters, that way they are not too powerful. I would also keep an eye on the AT's, as high AT's generally mean harder to crit. And IMO it is the crit that kills.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.