Author Topic: C'thulu  (Read 787 times)

Offline Ginger McMurray

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
C'thulu
« on: April 04, 2021, 12:22:17 PM »
How would you stay an aspect of C'thulu? The players are about to embark on the final adventure of the campaign where they have to stop Morgoth from worming his way back into the world and triggering a prophecy of Armageddon.

I'm thinking of a C'thulu-esque scene with tentacles and chaos as he proves his way through an opening between the void and middle earth.

Pre-existing creatures are easiest to adapt but anything works.

Its an 11th level party and should be a difficult fight. PCs will die. It should be a hard-fought victory or barely a defeat.

I'm open to other ideas as well. :D
No pre-written adventure survives contact with the GM.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: C'thulu
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 03:45:58 PM »
You may want to use the Vlathachna ("Dark Space") / Natharlnacna (RoCo. II), as they are very C'thulhu-esque beings.

Hai nog'geb, Azathoth~! Y'ulnagr r'luh shugg ch'yar! Y'vulgtm goka uaaah!
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 03:23:45 AM »
I can only second Dark Space though I think they are in Creatures and Treasures II, not companion II
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 07:28:56 PM »
Oh, true, C&T II, not RoCo. II.
Klaah'ee f'n'yhaii! Kadishtu athgg uaaah~
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 08:13:22 PM »
the monsters from C&T2 and C&T3 are definitely going to be fun.

also the DarkSpace creatures (from Monte Cook)

depends on how cross-system you are, but Monte later reworked the ideas from DarkSpace into ChaosiTech (3E D&D) and parts of his Ptolus setting.

so these might serve as additional resources.
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]