Author Topic: Healing spells to regen limited animal attacks  (Read 751 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Healing spells to regen limited animal attacks
« on: March 11, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »
Often times animal and magical creatures have limited times per day they can do a natural attack such as poison (spray, bite, etc), I was trying to think of a RM spell (possibly in the healing area) to regenerate or reset the number of times an animal could use this attack. Do you know of any?

Example (hopefully a little humorous and sarcastic)
Hugely 1/2 -n -1/2 the Halfling beast rider (called 1/2-n-1/2 because he is 1/2 the height of a normal halfling and had 1/2 the brains of a normal halfling) has trained a Super Large spitting cobra as a mount by using Serpent Sticky Solution number Seven to attach himself to the underside of his Spitting Cobra. His mount Spitty has used all of its poison spray attacks per day and he is in desperate need of his mounts abilities while fighting hornets (or in his terms murder hornets as they are trying to murder him).
Since the snake makes more poison every day what spell and or other item might regenerate this natural attack sooner.   

Problem for future:
One issue I can see is if their is also a way to regenerate a magical attack that is limited in some way such as a dragon who can breath 3/day and then can simply use PP to cast a regenerate magical special attack spell, could be an balance issue.

Thanks
MDC       
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Healing spells to regen limited animal attacks
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 01:33:01 PM »
Often times animal and magical creatures have limited times per day they can do a natural attack such as poison (spray, bite, etc)...   

I'm not sure I'm seeing that in the rules. Which rules specifically are you referring to? Magical attacks are limited by PowerPoints, of course... but I'm not sure I remember any limits on attacks such as bites.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 09:04:05 AM »
Unfortunately I am going to be tied up for a while with other stuff so I will not be able to comment after this.

I am helping out friends with their highly mod'ed RM game (RM2+RMSS+ lots of house rules, maybe more house rules then RM book rules at this point) and it looks like they are going to need to rebuild their spell system from the ground up to do what they want it to do.

If your are going to suggest RMU, it does not support what they are looking for in a rpg game as they looked at it during the RMU B1 playtest.

Thanks
MDC 
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 10:32:59 AM »

If your are going to suggest RMU, it does not support what they are looking for in a rpg game as they looked at it during the RMU B1 playtest.

LOL, I wasn't going to do that... am I that predictable?

In any case, my inquiry was an honest one. The whole thread is based on the premise that some attacks have limited uses. Other than magical and magic-like attacks that cost power points, I can't off the top of my head think of many attacks in RM2 that have limited uses. So I am really asking: what attacks specifically are you talking about?

C+T 1 (RM2) limits dragons breath to a certain number of times/day and times/minute (Red Dragon for example is 1x/minute and 50x/day). That seems to work like daily spell items. I don't know of any mechanic that would increase that rate.

But that's really the only sort of effect I can think of in RM2 C+T that has a daily limit. Scorpions, spiders, snakes, and other stinging/injecting creatures don't seem to have any limits of the sort the thread seems focused on. So I'm asking: is this question springing from the actual Rolemaster (any edition) rules, or is this more a houserule thing the players have invented? You can't really talk about the rules until you've identified what specific ones you're talking about.

'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle