Author Topic: Solid/liquid/gaseous form spells  (Read 796 times)

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Solid/liquid/gaseous form spells
« on: September 12, 2020, 11:15:42 AM »
I'm putting together a variant mystic profession for my campaign world, and in doing so I thought spells to change to solid (e.g., stone, wood, metal), liquid, or gaseous form would be fitting for them. I've combed the books and find nothing - which is surprising. Am I missing them somewhere, a Companion I don't have?
I'm also interested in thoughts on how any of these would work, especially "but how" scenarios.
We ask the hard questions here, because they keep us too busy to worry about the hard questions in the real world, and we can go with the answers we like the best.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Solid/liquid/gaseous form spells
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 02:22:48 PM »
Do you mean to change themselves to those materials? Or to change other materials from one phase to another?
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 03:14:03 PM »
Do you mean to change themselves to those materials? Or to change other materials from one phase to another?

Sorry, clarity fail. I mean to change themselves to those materials.
We ask the hard questions here, because they keep us too busy to worry about the hard questions in the real world, and we can go with the answers we like the best.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »
Let's see... Brian's Water Commune list which was posted here: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=16681.msg203225#msg203225

His Earth Reigns list (same thread) also has some self-transformation spells (for earth, naturally).

The RMSS Essence Companion's Air Mastery list has Air Form, and Water Mastery has Water Form. The RMFRP Elemental Companion also has a Wind Mastery list with Air Form, and a Water Mastery list with Fog Form (but that's really just obscurement).
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster