Author Topic: Vashaan Domain  (Read 840 times)

Offline SobekRa

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Vashaan Domain
« on: July 27, 2020, 08:01:14 AM »
I'm fleshing out the locale that I've chosen to set my game in; Southern Thuul. Mainly because it's been left fairly open by the Atlas', but is also close enough to some interesting locations and events in the world. I'm intrigued by the confrontation brewing between the Alliance and Vashaan, and while neither have really set foot in southern Thuul, both are close enough to be able to send out feelers that could lead to some interesting encounters.

While there's a decent amount of information about the Alliance, especially after the Powers of Light & Dark book, there's not a lot about the Vashaan Domains that I've been able to find. Can anyone shed some additional light on the Vashaan?

On a similar note, after reading through the Atlas, I also find myself curious about the Empire of a Thousand Dawns. They sound like a relatively 'good' empire, and not particularly aggressive or antagonistic. Would this be accurate? The latest timeline I have mentions that the empire's princess has unknowingly betrayed the empire to the Steel Rain. What happened there?

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide about either of these empires. It's much appreciated.

Offline starflt

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Vashaan Domain
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 09:40:21 PM »
I'm fairly sure you're on your own here in terms of anything canonical about the Vashaan Domains and the Empire of a Thousand Dawns.  Of course, there may be some homegrown material out there, but the existing books don't have much more than the mentions you already cite.

The first SW campaign I ran started in Sel-Kai and drew extensively on Terry's canonical material for Emer and Jaiman, but my current one is set in Gaalt and uses the threads that have been revealed in a few books (mainly the Raven Queen and her empire) for a local setting of my own creation.  I suspect you'll have to use a similar process.

Offline Neee-Wom

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Vashaan Domain
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 12:10:03 PM »
I used the Vashaan Domain as background for a city in Khur Fiefdoms in Thuul formed by exiled, in my game Vashaan was a far away land of marvels and magic users but players were not interested in going to a peaceful kingdom as they wanted to become great in the suzerainties so I never fleshed out properly Vashaan but I started with Wrangor, I would have to look for my notes.

Regarding Empire of the Thousand Dawns, I tried one time to run a game set there, but some players did not like the only elven kingdom so we moved back to other areas, I took inspiration from Dragaera books by Steven Brust to manage it.

Ni!