Author Topic: Missile fire in Rolemaster Classic  (Read 1074 times)

Offline sluagh

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Missile fire in Rolemaster Classic
« on: June 21, 2020, 11:28:52 AM »
Hi,
I think this topic my have been disused before but I cannot find the exact information.
If I have understood how the activity percentages work. Now, an archer who shoots with a long bow can shot two consecutive turns without penalty and save the third.
In example:
We suppose the arrow is ready in the bow at the start of turn, for simplicity I won’t take into account orientation activity of 10% to  change targets:
First turn:
Shot 50%
Recharge 50% (Of 80%)
Second turn:
Recharge 30% (Short action)
Shot 50%
Start recharging 20%
Third turn:
Recharge: 60%
Cannot shot because it would take 110% (60+50) so we have 40% activity for do any other think.

Is this way how activity works?
Thanks

Offline wjuusti

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Missile fire in Rolemaster Classic
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 04:09:16 AM »
Yes. This is how its working.
Couple of options, he can also shoot with -10 ob on 3rd round. This should be raw just like if you spend 20% moving and attack with 80% action would be -20 to ob.
In RM 1st ed or 2nd edition with out the action % system. it was like you could reduce your QU bonus form reloading minuses.
short bow 1/round
combosite bow 1/round -20 ob
long bow 1/round -30 ob
So character with +30 qu bonus could fire every round with out negative bonus.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 09:00:37 AM »
In RM 1st ed or 2nd edition with out the action % system. it was like you could reduce your QU bonus form reloading minuses.
short bow 1/round
long bow 1/round -30 ob

I don't ever remember that rule from RM2. Was that perhaps a houserule?
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 11:35:38 AM »
I recall it being called Rapid Load & Fire (RLF).....it was in MERP and in RMX. Not sure about RM2 or RMC
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Offline sluagh

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 11:09:28 AM »
I recall it being called Rapid Load & Fire (RLF).....it was in MERP and in RMX. Not sure about RM2 or RMC
In RM2 You can substract this amount, but is substracted from your atrack.

Sergi

Offline sluagh

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 11:22:20 AM »
Yes. This is how its working.
Couple of options, he can also shoot with -10 ob on 3rd round. This should be raw just like if you spend 20% moving and attack with 80% action would be -20 to ob.
short bow 1/round
long bow 1/round -30 ob
The RMC arms law rules say that you can allow minuses in maneuvers with an interval. ie. C/C has a 50-100% but missile fire has 50% without interval.
The activity rules, as I commented before, allow an archer to shot two following turns without penalties having to prepare the third (what I find very interesting having into account how we played until now).
On the other side, I thought adding shot and recharge in a complex maneuver for a (50+80)% = 130% so, you can shot every turn with a -30 (that coincides with the classic rule from previous editions).
I spent time deciding what option should I to use and eventually I decided to choose one of them but not to mix.