Author Topic: Warhead crit types  (Read 2965 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Warhead crit types
« on: March 28, 2011, 05:46:45 PM »
Hey guys,

I am assuming I'll just have to wait till Sci-Fi Xtreme to find out how much damage a tiny warhead does?  I couldn't find it in the basic book, but it is called out for both the Tankbuster missile launcher and the portable SAM.

I can probably wait for this, but I just know some yahoo in my game is going to want to use a rocket launcher at their first opportunity.  Till then I'll probably just call it a Mark 5 or 6 grenade.

But just to let you know I am patiently fidgeting waiting for the news that Xtreme is available for me to purchase and download.

-Pyrotech

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Re: Warhead crit types
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 04:44:53 PM »
Well Harp Sci-Fi Xtreme is available now and I can see the warhead crit table.  But the weapon scaling concept leaves me with another question on this idea.  Does the tankbuster missile in the Harp Sci-Fi book count as a personal scale weapon or a vehicle scale weapon.

I am tempted to consider it a vehicle scale weapon because otherwise the missile intended to.... bust tanks - will be less damaging to a tank than a Class 5 grenade intended to blow up people (a huge scale personal weapon instead of a tiny scale personal weapon).

Thanks for your attention.

Pyrotech
-Pyrotech

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »
Well Harp Sci-Fi Xtreme is available now and I can see the warhead crit table.  But the weapon scaling concept leaves me with another question on this idea.  Does the tankbuster missile in the Harp Sci-Fi book count as a personal scale weapon or a vehicle scale weapon.

I am tempted to consider it a vehicle scale weapon because otherwise the missile intended to.... bust tanks - will be less damaging to a tank than a Class 5 grenade intended to blow up people (a huge scale personal weapon instead of a tiny scale personal weapon).

Thanks for your attention.

Pyrotech

The Tankbuster is a Vehicle-scale weapon (just about). It's one of the edge cases where the damage is vehicular-class but it is person-portable.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline joel.lovell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Author
    • Machinimagine
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 07:51:16 AM »
Can someone post an example of how to resolve a portable TankBuster missile attack?

Also, if you use it against a building, i.e. to breach a building entrance...

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 08:45:32 AM »
I know this is a very old topic, and I'll still add my bit. HARP SF Xtreme has the scaling Personal/Vehicle/Capital class, which leads me to: how big is the building?
#LotorAllura2024