Author Topic: Is there a political map of all of Kulthea somewhere?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Is there a political map of all of Kulthea somewhere?
« on: December 04, 2019, 05:53:54 AM »
The Shadow World Master Atlas (4th edition) contains information on all continents of Kulthea, not just Emer and Jaiman. Sure, much of that is intentionally vague, but certain things are given with which to flesh out an area further.

However, there is no map of all of Kulthea that does more than denominate the continents and their base geography in the book. However, for selecting your campaign area to flesh out on your own, that would be quite helpful. Is there any document or publication that has this? Or is one planned?

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Re: Is there a political map of all of Kulthea somewhere?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 08:50:59 AM »
I think only Jaiman ever had a political map. The situation in Emer is massively fragmented, and no "borders" were given, even in the Emer atlases.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 09:06:41 AM »
I do have a political map of Emer. It is in a pdf, called 'Realms of Emer'. It is based on the larger Emer map that had little inset pictures in it, some of them computer generated graphic. There are then companion political maps of each of the four regions of Emer. I'm not sure where I got them, but they are pretty well made; I imagine I got them together with the Emer download, or perhaps a version of the Master Atlas?

'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 09:23:28 AM »
Of course, there are the individual continent maps from the respective regional books, but I am specifically looking for a world map, so that I can see at one glance how the political situation and the species populations are across the Western Hemisphere.

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 09:35:06 AM »
Just glancing through the master Atlas it looks there is enough information to create a global political map. Maybe it's a project ICE could look at undertaking.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 10:18:25 AM »
Yes, there is no global political map that I know of; I was just pointing out that there are political maps of Emer.

'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle