Author Topic: Something I would love to see for RM in General  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Something I would love to see for RM in General
« on: November 24, 2019, 07:25:01 AM »
Something I would love to see for all of the RM universe is an icon, logo, or trademark that represents RM, any version of it.  D&D has the stylized "Dragon-&" symbol.  Anyone seeing that knows it represent D&D.  On the 3-D modeling websites, there are dozens of prints using that symbol for decorations and worked into the object.

Yes, I.C.E. has the crown, but that's not very indicative of RM.  It's an awesome icon for the company.  I've printed a couple out and used then in gaming, but it doesn't represent RM, it represents the company that makes RM, in the way that having a FORD T-shirt or key chain doesn't represent the Mustang.  The "running pony" represents the Mustang.  If i see FORD, it could be any Ford vehicle.  If i see the Pony, I know it's Mustang.

I've been printing out a bunch of items for gifts and for gaming and everything (almost everything) has the Dragon-& symbol.  I print the items without that logo, but it gets to be bland after a while.

Maybe a stylized "RM" with a dagger?  (Mind you... just because my ex-wife's initials are RM, the dagger through the RM in no way reflects my feelings or intentions. LOL)  Maybe an "RM" fashioned in the shape of an iron crown?  Something that identifies the game we love and consequently, something I can print on my objects, with correct copyright permissions of course.

* - If you do a search on Thingiverse for "rolemaster" only one item pops up and it's an initiative marker.  :(
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Something I would love to see for RM in General
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 10:13:06 AM »
There is already a logo for RM: the unseen imaginary turtle.  :)

But yeah, a logo would be cool.

'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Thot

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 10:30:15 AM »
[...] the unseen imaginary turtle.  :)
[...]

I just checked. It's on every single RM book I own!

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 10:59:27 PM »
Lo-freakin’-L!
Mine, too!

I thought it was, or used to be, a deceased one?

Would love to see some kinda branding like that.
Or an R with the stylized sword sticking through it a la Sword in the Stone.
I always loved the original Shadow World title of the early 90s books.

The S was so iconic for me.

[...] the unseen imaginary turtle.  :)
[...]

I just checked. It's on every single RM book I own!

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 03:49:45 PM »

I like that.  Maybe a stylized RM on a turtle shell.  It would like a shield perhaps to 'outsiders' but those die hard players would know that it's referring to the unseen, imaginary turtle.  That could work.

I also like the sword in the stone "R" too.  Sword in a turtle?   Ehhhh... the animal rights activists may have something to say about that.

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 11:33:49 AM »
Maybe something related to medieval combat that harkens back to the birth of Rolemaster in Arms Law. 

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 05:22:47 PM »

I like that.  Maybe a stylized RM on a turtle shell.  It would like a shield perhaps to 'outsiders' but those die hard players would know that it's referring to the unseen, imaginary turtle.  That could work.

I also like the sword in the stone "R" too.  Sword in a turtle?   Ehhhh... the animal rights activists may have something to say about that.
It could be the letters "RM" framed as if on an invisible turtle's shell. But if the turtle's dead, the curve should be on the bottom?
We ask the hard questions here, because they keep us too busy to worry about the hard questions in the real world, and we can go with the answers we like the best.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 07:33:34 PM »

It could be the letters "RM" framed as if on an invisible turtle's shell. But if the turtle's dead, the curve should be on the bottom?

Sounds awesome!  The inside joke for the diehard members and a nice, easily identifiable logo for people to recognize.

Offline VictoriaFelix

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 04:50:55 PM »

There is a further thing: it needs a tagline, something like "Ferret-friendly since 1980!"