Author Topic: Haalkitaine Errata/corrections  (Read 3999 times)

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Haalkitaine Errata/corrections
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 01:52:09 PM »
I am not aware that the map is available through Drivethru

it is on my Haalkitaine download dated "2019-11-06 16:19:15"
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2019, 05:24:11 PM »
It's like the large screened out first word in the chapter introduction text where I try to get all designerish and stylistic. My editor thought it was some kind of error. Oh, well!  :-)

I got to the subsection on the Nightwings and that character is perfect for that header.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2019, 12:52:26 AM »
Haalkitaine has gone Copper in Drivethru! Thank you all! Please leave a review when you have had a chance to read the new huge edition. :-)
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Neee-Wom

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2019, 06:42:07 AM »
Not ready yet for a review but some errata, please note that all the ??? are 3? in original text but forum coding shows the icon:

Internal coherence
Page 74
Celimé Linos is married to Denys Korian, also in previous edition Alec was the son of Denys and Celimé, in new edition seems to be brother of Denys.

Page 81
Here Celimé  is married to Garrag Virellion, younger brother of Myso Virellion, the Marquess of Trollsgrave

Page 198
...the High Prests Osaran of Dansart and "???" of Thargondaak..., who both want control of what is arguably the largest city in the continent   I thaught Lethys was largest than Haalkitaine

Page 209
Who is Princess Yanise? Is it only a way to not use Toren or is there more family we do not know? In page 112 there is also King Kier may marry one of the Emperor’s daughters

Errata
Page 45
The youngest daughter of the Duke of ??? has been

Page 158
Leads to ???

Page 115
Under Demira Spells: Evil Cleric Base: ???.

Page 198
...the High Prests Osaran of Dansart and ??? of Thargondaak..., who both want control of what is arguably the largest city in the continent

Page 219
X.X House Feud instead of 18.2, all numeration fails for RM2

Ni!

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2019, 06:39:47 PM »
Sorry if some of these have already been called out. I'd also note that my PDF reader adds it's own page numbers. I tried to be careful and use the page numbers from the book and not the reader, but it's possible a few of these are off by a page or two. If you aren't finding something let me know and I will double check the page numbers.

Page 52 under 6.0 Education: Text at the end of the first paragraph reads barely illiterate. Should this be barely literate?

Page 59 In the third paragraph under 11.0 Love, Courtship & Marriage: Text reads Jaiman controls most of the continent. Should probably rbe Rhakhann controls most of the continent.

Page 61 under Zyta Nikaru: In the last sentence of the first paragraph text reads and a good listener, but I think it was intended to be and is a good listener.

Page 61 under Cedris Eltar: Text near the middle of the paragraph reads and may on occasion reveals too much. I think it was intended to be reveal too much.

Page 71 under Kora Bytara Faslurin: The last sentence begins with Thile, and I am pretty sure you meant to write While.

Page 75 there is a double space between miles & beyond in the last sentence of the paragraph at the top of the page.

Page 85: Gender is missing from all the RM2 stats. It’s present on all the RMSS stats on Page 88. Page 85 & 88 are missing page numbers, but maybe that’s deliberate because they are charts?

Page 85 Kalen II (6410 – 6457) There is what looks to be an italicized = sign instead of a hyphen between the word begin & 6450.

Page 92 Parliament Meetings. The same ; Orhan is half-full from earlier. Not sure if this is just your notation style or if it should read when Orhan is half full. Also under the same heading the text reads to jusdge recent, and I am pretty sure it should be to judge recent.

Page 97 Gender is missing from the RM2 stats. It’s present in the RMSS stats on 99

Page 116, 117, 118, 119 & 120. Gender is missing from some of the RM2 stats.

Page 122 Of Kynagaax isn’t boldfaced like the others.

Page 124: Gender is missing from Ren Thraysk.

Page 128: Gender is missing from all the stat blocks on this page.

Page 150: Tower Level 4 there is a stray Sitting Room text right under the tower floor plan.

Page 158: Second paragraph last sentence you have window and it’s probably meant to be windows.

Page 158 very bottom of the first column there is text in read that reads Leads to ? ? ?

Page 167: Under 88. Wigmaker the text reads from a simple fall for women. I was bit confused as to whether or not this is a typo or some term for ladies hairstyles that I am unaware of. I’m only mentioning it in case it is a typo.

Page 180 Section 2.2. Text reads tales told to children of ancient tombs. I suspect there is a comma missing.

Page 182 under Wôrim Section: Very first sentence reads top and bottoming Not sure if this should maybe read bottoming out.

Page 183 under 11. Not sure if the text reference to the powerful weapon should maybe point the reader to the stat block.

Page 186. Top of the page perhaps the reference to the small metallic bowl should point to the stat blocks.

In both 183 & 186 I figured it was probably in the stats are just went and checked that section, but it might clarify it for the reader if it was called out.

Page 188 under 35. Towards the end of the paragraph there is a sentence that ends in designates. Pretty sure that word is redundant with the earlier use of designated by.

Page 198 Section 1.7 under GM Suggestions. First paragraph last sentence a space is missing between the words alsohire. Under other notes there is a ? ? ? that I suspect should read Xenis.

Page 201 under 6.0. In the second paragraph there is a sentence that reads He demands that the constable sarrest them. I suspect this should be constables arrest.

Page 202 under Scene 4: Last sentence reads resorting the Essænce. I suspect that should read resorting to the Essænce.

Page 203: First paragraph has a sentence that reads Note that it not. I suspect that this should read Note that it’s not.

Page 206 under scenes: Under scene 1 the text reads (snd possibly. I suspect this should be (and possibly.

Page 207 under Scene Scene 5. The last sentence appears to be incomplete. Also, under The Big Picture the text reads will have to essentially retired from. I suspect this should be retire from.

Page 208 under Mila Branig: The text reads with he brother. I suspect it should read with his brother.

Page 210 at the very bottom of the first column under The Big Picture the text reads binning, and I suspect it should be beginning.

Page 214 under 14.0 First paragraph last sentence there is a space missing between tothe.

Page 213 & Page 216 seem to contradict. 213 refers to Hiigh Priestess Thargondaak and “she”. Page 216 refers to High Priest Thargondaak and “He”. I could just be missing something and these are two different characters.

Page 217 under 16.0 A social Dinner text reads S/he. Should the S here be capitalized or lower case?

Page 219 & 220 Gender is missing from the RM2 stats. In some cases there is a spot for “Sex” but the sex isn’t listed.

Page 222. Sex is missing from the first stat block. The words PrstDansart are missing a space, but maybe you didn’t have room and ran them together on purpose?

Page 227 At the very end of the text there is an At tacked on to the end of Journal.

Page 229. In the second column the word Theft is missing an “e”, but maybe this is also a space saving measure?

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2019, 01:09:21 AM »

Page 59 In the third paragraph under 11.0 Love, Courtship & Marriage: Text reads Jaiman controls most of the continent. Should probably rbe Rhakhann controls most of the continent.

Sorry, I misspelled Rhakhaan. XD

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2019, 09:41:59 AM »
p 75, the text description of the Tovinak family (duchy of Sanari) does not match the family tree : the family tree has been updated according to recent events (Markus executed, the rest of the family exiled except for Roney), while the text still describes the family state *before* Markus is accused of high treason.

The same discrepancy exists for the Bariel family (duchy of Calthos) in the same page.

I suspect that the text is not been updated from 1st Edition Haalkitaine, while the family tree has.

Offline grodog

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2020, 02:02:05 PM »
Terry---

Do you know when/if the errata will be incorporated into the DriveThru files?  I'd like to order the print books, but am fine with waiting for various errata/fixes to occur first, if it's not going to be a very long time :D

Allan.