Author Topic: Dragon Information  (Read 1693 times)

Offline chook

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Dragon Information
« on: August 31, 2019, 07:43:56 AM »
I am referencing Fire and Ice while doing some world building and came across this note on page 77:
"For stats on dragons, see Creatures and Monsters. Additional notes on dragons are included in on the Iron Crown website, at www.ironcrown.com." (typos included for accurate quotation)

I have now spent a few hours going through the Vault and searching the forums but cannot find the information.  If someone could provide a link to it or just direct me to it that would be much appreciated.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Dragon Information
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 05:03:09 PM »
The only supplemental material I know of for Fire & Ice is the addendum which is probably in the Vault somewhere. It has some content about cones and breath weapons, including strafing, sweeping, and flaring attacks. But there's nothing specifically about drakes in it.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline chook

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 06:40:59 PM »
Sorry, been travelling for work so haven't had much time to check the forums.

I don't think the information I am looking for is in relation to Fire and Ice and I have the addendum.  This is more general information about dragons.  I have Creatures and Monsters which has the stats plus some information.  What I am looking for is the "additional notes" mentioned in Fire and Ice.

Offline mtpnj

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 03:54:33 PM »
I had a question about Dragons.  They get multiple attacks per round.  If they are not all on the same target do they get the 20 penalty for secondary target?

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 08:43:46 PM »
I believe they would get -20 for each additional target, potentially offset if the dragon has skill in multiple attacks.  (I hope I'm not confusing RMSS with RMU...)

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 10:41:20 PM »
I don't think it's explicitly stated in RMSS. The only place the -20 penalty is listed (that I could find) is in the description of Two-Weapon Fighting. So if you think creatures with multiple attacks are just a special case of Two-Weapon Fighting skill, the -20 would apply. If it's some kind of inherent ability, it might not. Personally, I think due to the size differential, it's going to be easier for a dragon to attack multiple targets than it will be to hit the same target with multiple limbs, head, wings, and tail. That might not be the case if a dragon is fighting against, say, a pair of titans.

In RMU, we do treat all multiple attacks including creatures as a special case of Multiple Attacks skill, so the creature would have a bonus in that skill and the normal rules for multiple attacks would apply.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster