Author Topic: Order of the Iron Crown and writers festivals  (Read 3776 times)

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
Order of the Iron Crown and writers festivals
« on: November 21, 2012, 12:14:42 AM »
This is just an inchoate idea, but what about encouraging game authors to attend literary festivals, and run workshops, or talks, etcetera around writing gaming material? It's another way of getting ICE products out there, among a potential audience of gamers and/or writers.

Phillip
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Ironmaul

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'll work for free, if you can pay all my debts.
    • The Art of Rick Hansen
Re: Order of the Iron Crown and writers festivals
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 02:36:41 AM »
I'm not sure if ICE is still running competitions but what about ordinary gamers writing a novelette in their particular game world to win some sort of prize. There's talk of game worlds on another thread for RM so why not have something like a poll on which story/game world people like most. At least it will give a sleight indication on what people like.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 02:58:37 AM »
Or even a longer short story, something just under novelette or novella length perhaps.

The poll sounds interesting, and it would help get an idea of what's popular, and what people would support. +1
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline area51games

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • GOT DICE?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »
i think a rolemaster ; Anthology would be great! I think that we should troll around for writers and do it as a fundraiser , and those who writing are accepted get copy- pdf, maybe lulu print discount , BUT THE POINT IS TO RAISE FUND FOR ASSOCIATION FOR PLAYERS- and have it buy a Licences from Role-master to publish more fan art writings and materials for a role master series < depending on success> of anthologies , to get peoples work out, and to help out and get the word out of the mighty Role master game and Iron Crown Enterprise !
now was that not worth one brownie point?
Mal: "Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"
Zoe: "Big damn heroes, sir."
Mal: "Ain't we just!"