Author Topic: Critical questions  (Read 3836 times)

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Critical questions
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 08:08:10 AM »
I make sure there are plenty of highlighter pens handy. Everyone can personalize character sheets, crit charts, spell lists, etc.

Blackboard paint and chalk help too.

2 Players are using Microsoft One Note; that looks impressive.

It is handy to have charts and tables printed before the game, but I also want books handy. Sometimes I'll grab Creatures & Monsters just to see peoples reactions.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Critical questions
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 02:54:21 PM »
That's why I prefer card stock tables to books. The meat shield has the melee weapon, the archer has the bow, they aren't having to share a book. Neither one of them has a stack of tables, they each have 3 or 4, tops. How lost can they get?

Which is why I have each character in slip sheets and have photocopied the relevant weapon/spell/crit charts.  When I got fancy I even copied double sided.

We had an experienced player who played an arcanist.  While I do appreciate there are numerous spells to cast each time after about 2 minutes of page flipping he 90% of the time casting arcane or nether bolt.  A waste of our time and a lot of cool arcanist spells.  As such if there are spell/maneuver combos (2 weapon combo/adrenal options mostly) just write them down on a card so you have the pertinent modifiers already computed.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha