Author Topic: When did you start playing ICE rpg's?  (Read 58475 times)

Offline Corwyn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: When did you start playing ICE rpg's?
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2021, 05:01:42 PM »
Now if I could only find all the Spacemaster software that a guy named Felix created and put online years ago; when the internet was still useful for things other than shopping. I lost count of all the vehicles I used to create using his software.

Is this what you are looking for http://pararaum.freeservers.com/sm_page/software.html

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• Shadow World Dev
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2021, 04:15:33 AM »
I went to college in Charlottesville, and played with the original ICE folks.  This was the late 80s but we played RM2 and SM2.

You have to give us more than this. Especially if you have embarassing stories about young Nicholas or Terry  ;)
I went to college in Charlottesville, and played with the original ICE folks.  This was the late 80s but we played RM2 and SM2.

You have to give us more than this. Especially if you have embarassing stories about young Nicholas or Terry  ;)

LOL, Nicholas only joined (and helped create the 'new' ICE) a few years ago, and he lives in the UK. Maybe you meant Pete or me?

Terry
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2021, 08:52:45 AM »

LOL, Nicholas only joined (and helped create the 'new' ICE) a few years ago, and he lives in the UK. Maybe you meant Pete or me?

Terry

I think I confused Caldwell with Charlton, with you as the other, yes!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2021, 11:07:15 AM »

Terry

Pete sounds close to what I remember, maybe?  I don't think it was you Terry.  Our names were Jeff and Pat - Pat drove a banana yellow Porche 911.  We played D&D, Rolemaster and Spacemaster.  Any of that ringing bells?

Offline Arigon

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2021, 01:49:59 AM »
August 1981.
Had only been exposed to D&D and Traveler to that point. Never went back to D&D. Did play Gamma World though. Through 1985 anyway. RM and then Spacemaster, then when Shadow World came out it was that or Shadowrun, till 2000. After that pretty much RM/SM with Shadow World only.
Peace

Offline buffsco

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2023, 07:05:17 PM »
Never played DND ever. First game was Chivalry and Sorcery first edition. Got a new gaming group when i moved in 1986 and they turned me on to RM and SM and never played anything other fantasy RPG after that. I was hooked at first sight