Forum > General Discussion

Comments?

(1/7) > >>

dutch206:
This is a quote from an RPG review I read recently:

--- Quote ---With the popularity of PC games and MMOs, it seems that more and more role-players are looking for a system which can be fast and fun to play as their computer gaming experience, but with the social elements that only gathering round a gaming table can provide.
--- End quote ---

What do you think?

Rasyr-Mjolnir:
I think that that is roughly accurate. There has been a general trend, over the last several years, moving towards simpler, faster systems.

That sort of reasoning was part of the reasoning, to one degree or another, behind a number of projects that I worked on, including but not limited to HARP, RMX, and my latest project (see my sig).

dutch206:
I even see myself getting frustrated with the pace of RM combat from time to time.  The realism is awesome, but my "math muscles" are a little flabby.

Thom @ ICE:
There are numerous options within the ICE family of games which don't require significant mathematics on the fly. House rules and optional rules modifications abound for ways to avoid doing the dreaded 2 and 3-digit addition/subtraction.  I'm not a big fan myself of the aspects of the system that include multiplication and % adjustments - but there are plenty of people who enjoy those also. Generally speaking HARP is a simpler mathematically than RM (in any of the versions), but there are aspects of it that still can be complex for on the fly calculations. 

There is also a lot going on behind the scenes, and some of it will hopefully address the concerns raised in that review.  We're all here to enjoy what ICE games offer to role-players - and in the future we'll be bringing more and more to the gaming table for them to enjoy.

Witchking20k:
I think that is accurate.  My own situation has forced me away from RM/Harp.  Time is the biggest factor now & immediate impact and playability have been drawing me towards other systems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version