Author Topic: Healing Con drains  (Read 3965 times)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Healing Con drains
« on: June 01, 2009, 03:59:00 AM »
Hi to All Folks here! from the sunny Epinay-sur-Seine!
Just one question:
with what spell list can we healing drain constitution by awful living dead?

Tank IOU!!!
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Healing Con drains
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:31:51 AM »
 It is one of the Cleric's Base Spell List but I cannot think of the name right now. I think it is about a 3rd to 7th level spell and it talks about restoring drained con by undead in the spell description.

If someone does not post it after me or you do not find I will check my spell law later, to find the list.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 03:24:37 PM »
I personally have always preferred life esscence drains as opposed to Con Stat drains. I don't remember a list for restoring Con points, one was added for Life Essence Healing.

For Con stats depending on which rules you are using there are rare and expensive herbs. A Warlock from I think Companion 3 can alter stats so can no doubt heal them if you trust the Warlock. The worse case scenario involves the characters going up a level and making a stat gain roll.

You might like this idea. If Con of life level has been drained by an undead, say a vampire for simplicity then that undead can always find that person. Vampires in particular are very possessive and if they have gone to the trouble of draining some Con or life essence from a target they will want to finish the job. :evil1:
And when one dreams dark dreams dark days shall follow

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 04:10:43 PM »
 The Spell List is the Cleric Base list Life Mastery and the effect is Heal Life Essence.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 02:00:07 AM »
Thanks markc, I knew that list was somewhere.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:17:48 AM »
 Sorry it took me a while to get the info back to you.

Depending on your game world in RMSS: Shades of Darkness game world they use a skill to wash the taint from your body. IMO you could also develop a skill for RMC/2 that could do the same if it fits your game world. You could also require expensive and or rare materials to wash the taint from your body. ie recover from an undead attack.
 I do not know what rules you are using to represent the undead drain but I generally use the same soul points that equal the PC hits and they receive a -1 penalty to all actions per point of soul lost.
 I have also toyed with the idea of creating a stand alone stat to represent the PC's resistant to undead drain attacks but have not come up with one I like above all others.

MDC

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 03:42:17 AM »
Hmmm, I wonder if it would work with some sort of meditating skill? Yes, we're talking houseruling it now... ;)
It was markc's reply that gave me the idea. To get rid of the "taint" you meditate... Uh? Or something?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 05:31:04 AM »
Hmmm, I wonder if it would work with some sort of meditating skill? Yes, we're talking houseruling it now... ;)
It was markc's reply that gave me the idea. To get rid of the "taint" you meditate... Uh? Or something?
Yes the skill is in the Self Control Cat in RMSS and is called ...... Cleansing. But this early here my brain is not working to well. 3:25am. So you could take a look at that skill and use it in RMC/2 or as you said maybe even modify meditation with a heavy minus IMO. But you could off set the minuses by special materials.
 I am thinking of a different system that uses Jade Tea to remove taint from undeadey sources. So IMO all you need to do is look up some herbs and add a use to it. Or maybe name the herb after the person who developed the method to use the herb to remove taint.
 In fact that might be an adventure right there. The clerics god provides the cleric with a dream that he or she must make sense of to create this new cure.

Have Fun.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 12:07:06 PM »
The Spell List is the Cleric Base list Life Mastery and the effect is Heal Life Essence.
MDC

Tanx....but it's in RMFRP not RMC....these spells don't exist in this version...
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 12:35:13 PM »
I've got the RMFRP too (but never mastering it...).
I just put these spells from RMFRP to RMC... ;)
Troll humour:
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 02:24:46 PM »
I've got the RMFRP too (but never mastering it...).
I just put these spells from RMFRP to RMC... ;)
I believe you but at the same time I find it hard to believe that they would take something like that out. But if it is out I will check the rules for healing Con drain without spells.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 03:21:14 PM »
As a note, the Cleric in RM2 didn't have this list either (the only profession with something close was the Healer, who had the list Skaran mentioned, Life Essence Healing, in RMCII, but it restores Life Essence, not stats). In RM2, the only way was an Arcane list, Ephemeral Enhancement, from the RMCV, with its Restore spells.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 04:08:40 PM »
As a note, the Cleric in RM2 didn't have this list either (the only profession with something close was the Healer, who had the list Skaran mentioned, Life Essence Healing, in RMCII, but it restores Life Essence, not stats). In RM2, the only way was an Arcane list, Ephemeral Enhancement, from the RMCV, with its Restore spells.

Boy I am not doing well first I gave some bad info for RM2/C weapon breakage and now the spell that does not exist. I do not have a good excuse besides the one that my 1995 SL was on the top of my desk so that is what I grabbed. The GM who taught me RM said that the RMSS SL cleans up some problems that were in the RM2 version and that is what we used in his game. But that is not a good excuse either.

So sorry for the wrong info on the spell that is in the RMSS SL and not in the RM2/C SL. 

I still have not had time to fire up my other computer that has all my PDF's on it. But I thought that the RMC team worked to get rid of all of the empty spell slots in the spell lists. I am sort of surprised that it did not make it into the new revised list.
 I also think [I could be wrong again and today it would be the 3ed strike and I would be out] their is a spell in the RMSS Channeling Comp if you are able to use it that also heals Con drain. But I just might be remembering customizing the Hunter spell list as the PC was an undead hunter and IMO he should have a way to heal the Con drain.

Again sorry for the wrong info and as always it is up to the GM on how he wants to handle it in his game.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 06:34:38 AM »
But I thought that the RMC team worked to get rid of all of the empty spell slots in the spell lists.
Wait. So, RMC SL has all the RM2 spell lists, without the empty 16-19 slots in many base lists? Mayhap I should acquire it, then, since I always was annoyed to no end by how some professions were disfavoured by not gaining anything from their base lists from level 16 to 19.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Skaran

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • World of Karnorthe
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 11:53:47 AM »
Per the list in Companion 2 "Life Essence Healing" I now allow both healers and lay healers access to it. (I have a lot of undead in my campaign world) I had actually done this a long time ago but it had not come up in play for a long time which is why I forgot about where the list actually was.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 02:49:44 PM »
But I thought that the RMC team worked to get rid of all of the empty spell slots in the spell lists.
Wait. So, RMC SL has all the RM2 spell lists, without the empty 16-19 slots in many base lists? Mayhap I should acquire it, then, since I always was annoyed to no end by how some professions were disfavoured by not gaining anything from their base lists from level 16 to 19.

I will have to  check my electronic copy but I do remember the talk about them talking about doing this.

So before you buy let me check.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline mibsweden

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 03:25:54 AM »
Did a real quick check (no comparison though)-and there are still plenty of empty slots in RMC SL. Seems to be a lot less of that in RMSS SL.
GM'ing RM since 1984

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 12:25:59 PM »
Did a real quick check (no comparison though)-and there are still plenty of empty slots in RMC SL. Seems to be a lot less of that in RMSS SL.

Thanks I got tied up with some stuff yesterday and was not able to give it a going over.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.